Rotella T5 0W40

/ Rotella T5 0W40 #1  

3930dave

Tractor
Ford 3930
CTC here has T5 and T6 on sale, about $32/5L. (CTC = Canadian Tire Corp).

I bought some T5 0W40, in part because it is rated CG-4 and SJ. As in it does not meet later Cx or Sy specs.

Just wanted to mention it, in case anybody else is looking for a low temperature olde school HDEO, off a retail shelf.

Rgds, D.

/ Rotella T5 0W40 #2  
Down here I have never seen T5. Ours went from being labelled Rotella T to " " T6 and both are 5W40. Didnt know they made a 0W. :confused2:
larry

/ Rotella T5 0W40
Down here I have never seen T5. Ours went from being labelled Rotella T to " " T6 and both are 5W40. Didnt know they made a 0W. :confused2:
larry

This 0W40 T5 is a relatively new product, probably not that well recognized yet in Canada, and perhaps only available in the Northern States, if at all "down South".

It fits a need for me (older tractor + Winter + slightly undersized battery) with hopefully higher levels of Zinc and Phosphorus than some of the newer SM+ rated dual use oils.

The material is hard enough to find on the Shell site, that I was beginning to wonder if I'd bought some off-shore clone oil !

There is a T5 pdf at the link below, that at the end of the file, it has one reference to 0W40. Definitely a covert marketing operation, part of why I posted this. To add to the confusion, I'd previously only seen T5 (other grades) marketed as Semi-Synthetic here, while this this 0W40 jug is labelled Synthetic.

(No issue for me either way, I tend to buy Synth OR Conventional, out of habit - just saying..... the marketing here is definitely confusing).

Shell Rotella Energized Protection Launch! - Canada

I cracked up last night, reading on BITOG about this particular T5.

A guy from Ohio says " I was in Toronto recently, celebrating my anniversary with the wife. While perusing the oil aisles in Canadian Tire.......".

Us oil geeks need help, and probably shouldn't be let out in public unsupervised :laughing:

Rgds, D.

/ Rotella T5 0W40 #5  
I could not find Shell 0w40 on Internet stores in the US...

But I did notice that Amazon carried quite a few synthetic oil brands including Shell 5w40 that allowed Prime shipping! :thumbsup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The next batch of tractor and truck oil might be bought on Amazon. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Rotella T5 0W40
I could not find Shell 0w40 on Internet stores in the US...

But I did notice that Amazon carried quite a few synthetic oil brands including Shell 5w40 that allowed Prime shipping! :thumbsup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The next batch of tractor and truck oil might be bought on Amazon. :D

Later,
Dan

I get in enough trouble physically shopping in the USA. I think residing down your way, Amazon might be almost too tempting..... :cool2:

Rgds, D.

/ Rotella T5 0W40
And a heads up - T6 has a $5 rebate/gallon for up to 2 gallons thru may

Sadly, us Canadian peasants are regarded as too wealthy, does not apply up here.... :smiley_aafz:

Rgds, D.