Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: need new greese gun any ideals

The Lincoln lever style guns are rated for 10,000 psi while the pistol grip style are rated for 7200 psi. Their air powered guns are rated for 6000 psi when supplied with air at 150 psi while their standard duty cordless guns are rated at 6000 psi. Their heavy duty 2 speed guns are rated for 7500 psi (the Milwaukee gun says theirs is rated for over 8000 psi). Most cordless grease guns I've seen are rated from 6000 psi to over 8000 psi. I'll always have a lever style gun for a backup but if a cordless or pistol grip style gun doesn't have enough pressure to get the job done then what's really needed is for the zerk to be replaced and the grease passageway to be cleaned out. I'm not saying that I'm great about servicing them but I would before giving up on an electric gun.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

I have used cordless grease guns, Lincoln and John Deere branded ones to adjust track adjusters on a 650 deere dozer, 790 deere track hoe and 200 lc deere trackhoe for several years, also done all the other greasing with them also, track adjusters are not that easy on these machines. I like the cordless ones alot. Also like pistol grip grease guns too. LUTT

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240HST

I've used the Milwaukee cordless, and like it plenty. It's built stout and yet doesn't weigh too much. The specs say it will pump seven cartridges per charge, so one battery is plenty for me. I've got arthritic hands and this is the easiest greasing I've done in a long while.
    If only I'd known then what I know now...except none of this existed back then.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200

I like to read or feel the grease going in, so I stopped using anything but a manual grease gun. I know its a pain at times using the lever type but at least you can feel the grease going in. With a air grease gun you could have a gummed up grease nipple and you would never know it.
    Unimogdave

Tractor
    new holland tn70

well i got my new greese gun today 14.4 volt linclon. my buddy that i have helping the past month has one and it works great. we replace alot of front ent parts and it gets used alot. so if mine works as well as his it's the only one i'll ever need.

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Quote Originally Posted by sam5570 View Post
    well i got my new greese gun today 14.4 volt linclon.
    Congrats on the new toy!
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Any reason to buy a battery powered gun over an air powered if it always gonna be used near an air supply?

Looking to upgrade, battery guns are way more expensive, but seem more popular. Not sure why

Tractor
    kubota B2400

ok how often to these electric greese guns need to be charged. I like the idea of one hand pumping and one holding the zert, but i dont greese that often. so my gun sits a while then gets used.

I guess im asking how well the work after sitting a while.

thanks

Tractor
    new holland tn70

Quote Originally Posted by like2wheel View Post
    Any reason to buy a battery powered gun over an air powered if it always gonna be used near an air supply?

Looking to upgrade, battery guns are way more expensive, but seem more popular. Not sure why
    i have spent alot of money over the years on air operated greese guns. my biggest complaint when you run out of greese and put new tube in it takes for ever to get the air out. may just be the way i use them but i couldn't get them to last very long. when i picck something up to use it i want it to do what it's suppose to do. my buddy has had this one about 2 years and uses it every day and hass had no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb2400 View Post
    ok how often to these electric greese guns need to be charged. I like the idea of one hand pumping and one holding the zert, but i dont greese that often. so my gun sits a while then gets used.

I guess im asking how well the work after sitting a while. the battery is suppose to last thru 7 tubes of greese. my buddy says he charges his about once a month. as far as how well they work after sitting around i don't know.

thanks

Tractor
    Kubota L3240

Quote Originally Posted by ericb2400 View Post

I guess im asking how well the work after sitting a while.

thanks
    Same as a cordless drill as far as sitting for a while. We have 4 at work and we like them a lot. We always keep some batteries in the charger so we always have a fresh battery when needed. We have plant air and used to have air powered ones but like the cordless much better. Much easier than dragging a hose all over around a machine, conveyor etc.
    “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12