need new greese gun any ideals

/ need new greese gun any ideals #1  

sam5570

Veteran Member
Tractor
new holland tn70
well my air greese gun blew up this morning so i got to have a new one. just wondred if there is any new guns that work as good or better than the air gun i have, i got it from napa about 5 years ago but would like a little better design than what mine is. the diaphram busted in mine so it's toast.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #2  
well my air greese gun blew up this morning so i got to have a new one. just wondred if there is any new guns that work as good or better than the air gun i have, i got it from napa about 5 years ago but would like a little better design than what mine is. the diaphram busted in mine so it's toast.

I can't do a comparison to your Napa gun, but I just purchased a Lincoln 1162 Air Operated Grease Gun : Amazon.com : Automotive and so far, so good! I also bought the Lincoln Lubrication G310 Heavy Duty Grease Coupler : Amazon.com : Automotive

/ need new greese gun any ideals
Bill thank's the linclon 1162 looks like a good gun, looks much better built with the springs on the hose.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #4  
Have the same lincoln gun . Had it for a couple of years now . Has worked flawlessly . I do though , pull back the rod and lock it back so there is no pressure when not in use . Have done that with all my guns , manual or air , seems to save the plunger instead of mashing it out over time . Brother has the Lincoln battery operated also , But don't think he has had a chance to ever use it .

Fred H.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #5  
Get a pistol grip grease gun with a rubber hose extension and buy the most expensive one you can.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #6  
sixdogs, I bought a used pistol grip at a flea mkt years ago. It is either a Lincoln or Alemite. Never had any problem with it and I like it much more than a lever job.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #7  
I got my pneumatic from Atwoods for $29 and it works like it should. Had it a couple of years and no problems pumping, it does get air locked sometimes when I change the cartridge but all grease guns do that.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #8  
sixdogs, I bought a used pistol grip at a flea mkt years ago. It is either a Lincoln or Alemite. Never had any problem with it and I like it much more than a lever job.

Yes--they are way better than the lever type in my view. With the pistol grip and a rubber hose I can grease anything out there. I also have a lever type I save for times when I need super-pressure but I haven't used it in several years. Quality is important as well with the $40 one I bought many years ago still working perfectly while several of the $12 ones have fallen by the wayside.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #9  
Yes--they are way better than the lever type in my view. With the pistol grip and a rubber hose I can grease anything out there. I also have a lever type I save for times when I need super-pressure but I haven't used it in several years. Quality is important as well with the $40 one I bought many years ago still working perfectly while several of the $12 ones have fallen by the wayside.

I find that I need three hands with the lever type. Two to pump the gun and one to help keep the tip on the zerk fitting. I was going to buy a pistol grip but now I'm thinking of getting a batter powered one instead.

/ need new greese gun any ideals #10  
I find that I need three hands with the lever type. Two to pump the gun and one to help keep the tip on the zerk fitting. I was going to buy a pistol grip but now I'm thinking of getting a batter powered one instead.

Some people say the battery ones are underpowered and don't work as well as they should. There seem to be a lot of battery powered units for sale at farm auctions.