Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    new holland tn70

Default need new greese gun any ideals

well my air greese gun blew up this morning so i got to have a new one. just wondred if there is any new guns that work as good or better than the air gun i have, i got it from napa about 5 years ago but would like a little better design than what mine is. the diaphram busted in mine so it's toast.

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Default Re: need new greese gun any ideals

Quote Originally Posted by sam5570 View Post
    well my air greese gun blew up this morning so i got to have a new one. just wondred if there is any new guns that work as good or better than the air gun i have, i got it from napa about 5 years ago but would like a little better design than what mine is. the diaphram busted in mine so it's toast.
    I can't do a comparison to your Napa gun, but I just purchased a Lincoln 1162 Air Operated Grease Gun : Amazon.com : Automotive and so far, so good! I also bought the Lincoln Lubrication G310 Heavy Duty Grease Coupler : Amazon.com : Automotive
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Tractor
    new holland tn70

Bill thank's the linclon 1162 looks like a good gun, looks much better built with the springs on the hose.

Tractor
    N.H. TC-30

Have the same lincoln gun . Had it for a couple of years now . Has worked flawlessly . I do though , pull back the rod and lock it back so there is no pressure when not in use . Have done that with all my guns , manual or air , seems to save the plunger instead of mashing it out over time . Brother has the Lincoln battery operated also , But don't think he has had a chance to ever use it .

Fred H.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Get a pistol grip grease gun with a rubber hose extension and buy the most expensive one you can.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Satoh S-470D, Mitubishi FD 1450D

sixdogs, I bought a used pistol grip at a flea mkt years ago. It is either a Lincoln or Alemite. Never had any problem with it and I like it much more than a lever job.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I got my pneumatic from Atwoods for $29 and it works like it should. Had it a couple of years and no problems pumping, it does get air locked sometimes when I change the cartridge but all grease guns do that.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by oliver28472 View Post
    sixdogs, I bought a used pistol grip at a flea mkt years ago. It is either a Lincoln or Alemite. Never had any problem with it and I like it much more than a lever job.
    Yes--they are way better than the lever type in my view. With the pistol grip and a rubber hose I can grease anything out there. I also have a lever type I save for times when I need super-pressure but I haven't used it in several years. Quality is important as well with the $40 one I bought many years ago still working perfectly while several of the $12 ones have fallen by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Yes--they are way better than the lever type in my view. With the pistol grip and a rubber hose I can grease anything out there. I also have a lever type I save for times when I need super-pressure but I haven't used it in several years. Quality is important as well with the $40 one I bought many years ago still working perfectly while several of the $12 ones have fallen by the wayside.
    I find that I need three hands with the lever type. Two to pump the gun and one to help keep the tip on the zerk fitting. I was going to buy a pistol grip but now I'm thinking of getting a batter powered one instead.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    I find that I need three hands with the lever type. Two to pump the gun and one to help keep the tip on the zerk fitting. I was going to buy a pistol grip but now I'm thinking of getting a batter powered one instead.
    Some people say the battery ones are underpowered and don't work as well as they should. There seem to be a lot of battery powered units for sale at farm auctions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast