Anyone used an Oil-Cat Used Oil Recycling System?

/ Anyone used an Oil-Cat Used Oil Recycling System? #1  

HHR

Platinum Member
Tractor
1997 Daewoo Dsl 801
Has anyone had experience with one of these systems? It appears to pull diesel from your tank and oil from your drain pan during a change. The oil is then filtered and blended into the diesel at a 7.5% ratio.
http://www.clarustechnologies.com/

Attachments

• image-2454833012.jpg
    image-2454833012.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 125
   / Anyone used an Oil-Cat Used Oil Recycling System? #2  
Only heard of such a thing.....

Novel idea, till something goes gunny bag and the system starts cycling the eng.oil diluting the fuel very heavily or to an engine solely running on eng.oil....

/ Anyone used an Oil-Cat Used Oil Recycling System? #3  
I have heard of it, but you can do it manually by installing a tap where you can draw off a quart or 2 at timed or mileage intervals and dump it directly into the fuel tank.
No filtering needed if it comes directly from the engine lube system.
You can calculate the ratio based on fuel tank capacity.
90cummins

/ Anyone used an Oil-Cat Used Oil Recycling System? #4  
Not sure where you guys are getting your ideas from , but it appears to be a standalone unit pumping used oil from a drain tank AFTER the oil change is done. This would make sense in all oil change places and large garages that have alot of machines to maintain. For 2500 buckeroos, it appears to save you a gallon of diesel for for a gallon of oil you put in. If i used 2500 gallons of diesel a year, then I would've gotten it as it would pay it self off in a year.