Bleeding air from NH TC30 fuel line

/ Bleeding air from NH TC30 fuel line #1  

Jerry Lehman

Tractor
New Holland TC 35 & TC40D
Had an attack of stupidity and ran my TC 30 empty. Didn't have an owners manual as I purechased it at an auction. If you run yours dry bleeding is simple. Fill the top mounted fuel tank which applies pressure to fuel line. Located on top of the injector pump is a hex head bolt. Open it about 4 turns. There is a bleed hole in the screw. The pressure of the oil in the tank will bubble out the air. Wait another minute until oil slowly ozzes out. Close bleed screw and start. What I thought would be a bear to solve was simple, thanks to New Holland.

Jerry, Terre Haute, IN

/ Bleeding air from NH TC30 fuel line #2  
Thanks Jerry! Since I found this post really useful, I'll add a bit more for the next person who needs it. The bolt is a 13mm, and you'll need either a box-end wrench, or, if you come at it from the top, a socket with a flex connector on the socket end, and an extension. It's the bolt on top of the banjo connector for the fuel line. Don't worry, it won't loosen your fuel line, because the body it screws into is the part that clamps the banjo fitting & crush washers. Picture below.
IMG_20220612_104936308.jpg