So, you think that you are keeping up with new oil standards ?

/ So, you think that you are keeping up with new oil standards ? #1  

3930dave

Tractor
Ford 3930
Latest ILSAC spec.JPG.... then along comes another one !

Perhaps this is just a Canadian thing ? The Starburt requirement may have leaked over from the French translation ?

Rgds, D.

/ So, you think that you are keeping up with new oil standards ? #2  
Ilsack Starburt?

I think he does a show in Vegas, for all the Blue hairs that remember when he was still on the radio.

Or am I thinking of some other professional lounge singer?

/ So, you think that you are keeping up with new oil standards ?
:D

Man on the Moon - Jim Carrey playing Andy Kaufman playing Tony Clifton. Classic lounge lizard stuff, if you haven't seen it....

Rgds, D.

/ So, you think that you are keeping up with new oil standards ? #4  
Beats the dickens outta momma naming you Pumpernickel...or was it Englebert? I don't remember, and all them Plaid polyester lounge lizzards all sound and look the same, who can keep track. ;)

So what's with the escargot oil standard up there? Is it actually a pertinent data point, or just another redundancy designed to keep Montreal Bureaucrats working?

/ So, you think that you are keeping up with new oil standards ? #5  
Just me, and I don't mean to start a fight but, even though I buy a lot of generic stuff, oil is not one of them. I stay away from Super tech. It has consistently received very low marks when independently tested.

Beats the dickens outta momma naming you Pumpernickel...or was it Englebert? I don't remember, and all them Plaid polyester lounge lizzards all sound and look the same, who can keep track. ;)

So what's with the escargot oil standard up there? Is it actually a pertinent data point, or just another redundancy designed to keep Montreal Bureaucrats working?

Just noise, AFAIK. Best example I knew of idiocy in translation expense was what Irving (like 'ol KC needed more money) got paid to do simultaneous/synchronized paper translations for the Canadian military.

Meaning - the text /diagrams on facing pages had to match exactly, English to French. AKA, the most expensive form of translation possible. The reason for this staggering expense ? For a variety of reasons, virtually nobody reads the French material (meaning Francophones specifically).

I've known a few people that have seriously impressed me by being fluent in 4+ languages. Unfortunately, what we have touched on here is nothing but political posturing, and wasted tax/consumer dollars.

Rgds, D.

Just me, and I don't mean to start a fight but, even though I buy a lot of generic stuff, oil is not one of them. I stay away from Super tech. It has consistently received very low marks when independently tested.

While it is not my GoTo oil, I have used STech for certain applications.

I wasn't so much picking on STech, as rolling my eyes in this post-literate/LOL society.....

Rgds, D.

Nice summary page Mace. (I knew of ILSAC..... just assumed that Dinger was still riffing on Starburt :dance1:)

Not owning newer vehicles, I hadn't yet dug into the GF-_ specs.

Interesting that GF-5 is tuned for high alcohol content in the gasoline. Not somewhere I really want to go, but worth knowing for the folks that are being pushed into E15+, or elect to go E85.

I don't know if/how many factory setups are running GDI with high E levels, but if I owned one of those, I would definitely be paying attention to the GF-5 cert.

Thanks,
D.

Last edited: