Diesel tank at the house

/ Diesel tank at the house #11  
I won't say anything about how your truck will respond, but as I said, I used 3 year old stored fuel in my tractor with no change in performance from the first fill to the last. It was winter blend, and I used it year round with never a hiccup.

/ Diesel tank at the house #12  
We have both a diesel tank and as gas tank on a 1 tractor Very small operation. Diesel for the tractor and heaters in the winter and gas for the spare tractor, farm truck, mowers, wheelers ect. The Diesel is lower in price than the pump, but the gas is actually a few cents higher than the pump. Here in NY they drop the road tax and add IIRC a Pet and livestock tax. We go through about a tank a year of each. It is worth it to us to have the fuel on hand and not mess with the cans and hoisting them up and driving to get them. At .05 a gallon and 200 gallons it's only $10, add up all the trips to the station and we come out even or ahead as we only have 5 gal cans. We got both our tanks for free. Treat every month or 2 with dry gas, conditioner ect and no issues.

/ Diesel tank at the house #13  
For what its worth;
My neighbor has run summer fuel in everything for years, with no issue. He WILL NOT buy Coop fuel...
If the winter is particularly cold, he will add some antigel to the tank he is filling. Higher cetene ratings apparently.

I have been running 15 year old diesel in my White for two years now. I ended up with 200+ gallons of the stuff, and I couldnt justify using it to start fires or just in the parts washer. I throw some diesel kleen in each tank, and have had little issue with the exception of cold weather starts being a little tougher. Diesel isnt like gasoline... it wont rot in a month or two. (now it seems a week or two)

/ Diesel tank at the house #14  
I went to the Tipton County Farmer's Coop (TN) and priced a 300 gallon tank with fuel delivery today. The fuel would be low-sulpher "road" diesel
and would be used in my GMC Duramax and my 2012 Kubota L4240. Set up will cost about $1800 which includes tank, pump (12V power), filter and
the first tank fill, all delivered and installed. They can top me off on their route (go to Naval base in Millington once a week). I'm thinking probably 3
or 4 tanks per year plus I can install a diesel whole home generator "just in case". Anybody else doing this? Any issues with Coop fuel? Thanks!

I used Co-op off road diesel for twenty years with no problems. It was 30 cents a gallon cheaper than on road, the last time I filled up.

I found this 100 gallon saddle tank on craigslist, for $100.

P3130025.JPG P3130022.JPG P3310026.JPG

When it gets low, I put it in the truck and go drain my wallet! :D.

But I did save $30 compared to on road diesel. Over twenty years that is a lot of $. :thumbsup:

/ Diesel tank at the house #15  
For what its worth;
My neighbor has run summer fuel in everything for years, with no issue. He WILL NOT buy Coop fuel...
If the winter is particularly cold, he will add some antigel to the tank he is filling. Higher cetene ratings apparently.

Why not? Do they make their own diesel, or does it come from the same refinery, same tank truck, that the stations get theirs from?

/ Diesel tank at the house
For what its worth;

I have been running 15 year old diesel in my White for two years now. I ended up with 200+ gallons of the stuff, and I couldnt justify using it to start fires or just in the parts washer. I throw some diesel kleen in each tank, and have had little issue with the exception of cold weather starts being a little tougher. Diesel isnt like gasoline... it wont rot in a month or two. (now it seems a week or two)

Why no coop fuel?

/ Diesel tank at the house #17  
Just have to price shop it. I quit getting deliveries and started filling my tank at Kroger, Kroger in West Memphis is usually cheaper buying on road than the coop or the local fuel distributor.
I leave a 150 gallon rectangle tank on a pallet. Just load it in the back of my truck with my loader, go fill it, then unload it back at the barn.

/ Diesel tank at the house #18  
I have a 300 gallon plastic tote that I put in my barn on a stand, installed a filter, hose, and nozel for about $150 total.

I get fuel once every two years now but used to fuel my truck out of it so was getting fuel every 10 weeks. Never a issue. Just put in a jug of Howse Diesel Treatment when they fill. Change the folyer every 4 years.

Chris

/ Diesel tank at the house
I like that idea of being able to haul it myself. I honestly hadn't thought of loading it with the FEL (duh!). now just have to find a tank.

/ Diesel tank at the house #20  
Be sure to get a tank small enough to handle loaded with your tractor. I dont have a clue what the lift capacity is on your kubota but i have a neighor try the same thing with a 280 gallon tank. He couldnt unload it full so i had to take my backhoe over and unload it for him.