Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green?

/ Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green? #1  

megotatractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2210
Hello
Someone at work found an old plastic gallon jug of "power services diesel fuel supplement", about 7/8 of a full jug and thought I could use it in my little SCUT diesel. I was about to use it today but found it to be green and smelly. I thought maybe someone had filled the jug with anti freeze but the foil seal was still mostly in tact and it doesn't smell like anti freeze and it feels oily. Is this stuff safe to use or should I toss it? I'm thinking toss it or take it back to work and pour it out. The diesel supplement I bought irecently in a quart jug is gold brown in color and smells completelyl different.

/ Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green? #2  
I would toss it out. Its not worth the risk if your not positive what it is.

/ Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green? #3  
I'd use it but only if I was looking for a way to blow up the current tractor in order to get a new one. Like has already been said, when you consider the cost of a new sealed bottle of Power Service, it's not worth experimenting with the unknown.

/ Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green?
I agree, good idea to toss it. But curious as heck if it's supposed to be green !?! :D

Brings to mind an old STAR TREK quote from a scene where Scotty was sharing a drink and someone asks "WHat is it?"
Scotty looks at the bottle, shrugs and replies "it's green." :laughing:

/ Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green? #5  
I'm pretty sure regular power service isn't green. They do make an anti algae stuff, but I can't remember what color it is. If in doubt, I wouldn't use it.

/ Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green? #6  
If its open, Toss it, could be anything in that jug. I recall years ago a neighbor kid got very sick and had to be rushed to the ER when he drank from a open mountan dew bottle in his dads garage, on the work bench, it was anti-freeze. Moral, if open don't trust the label at all.

/ Diesel fuel additive supposed to be green? #7  
Powerservice is not green.............dispose of it.