New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use?

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #21  
I assume the Stihl saw is old too where warranty doesn't come into play? Stihl has a warranty thing with new saws that requires using Stihl Ultra 2-cycle oil. I was told they will test for it if the saw goes for warranty work.

I agree with the other comments in that you cannot be forced to purchase a specific branded item or part, to keep your warranty intact, such as Stihl oil. They cannot force you to buy something branded by them (Stihl) that helps them make money. Generally, the public is unaware that it is illegal for a vehicle or equipment manufacturer to tie the warranty of its product to the use of the manufacturers own lubricant.

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #22  
unless they provide it...

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #24  
yup!!

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #25  
Let me know when that happens. The dealers see every new customer as money in the bank.

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #26  
Let me know when that happens. The dealers see every new customer as money in the bank.

Well exactly what would you expect? It is, after all a for-profit enterprise. Or do you think dealers are in business for entertainment & public service?

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #27  
Well exactly what would you expect? It is, after all a for-profit enterprise. Or do you think dealers are in business for entertainment & public service?

As the great man said:

"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

Steve

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #28  
I agree with the other comments in that you cannot be forced to purchase a specific branded item or part, to keep your warranty intact, such as Stihl oil. They cannot force you to buy something branded by them (Stihl) that helps them make money. Generally, the public is unaware that it is illegal for a vehicle or equipment manufacturer to tie the warranty of its product to the use of the manufacturers own lubricant.

A chainsaw is not a vehicle. So, in a word, yes they can. There is no law requiring them to even offer a warranty on a chainsaw so they can put what ever stipulations they want. Besides they are not denying you a warranty, they are rewarding you with more time if you buy their oil.

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #29  

A chainsaw is not a vehicle. So, in a word, yes they can. There is no law requiring them to even offer a warranty on a chainsaw so they can put what ever stipulations they want. Besides they are not denying you a warranty, they are rewarding you with more time if you buy their oil.