Old fuel.....

/ Old fuel..... #13  
Interested in what would be done with the old gas when the marinated pumps it out. Disposal fees beyond the pumping fees? How does one dispose of old gas?

If it smells rancid, it can be burnt in a waste oil furnace.......if it smells ok then it would can be diluted into regular waste oil for burning

/ Old fuel..... #15  
So how old can gas get, before it should be replaced ?
Is it 1, 2,3 or 4 years ?

Gas is good for roughly 6 weeks. If you add stabilizer, it should be OK for 2-3 months. That's it.

/ Old fuel..... #16  
I had some e10 gas in a mower at the farm, in 3-6 weeks when I went back it has welded the needle valve stuck in the carb and smelled like bad gas, you know the smell if you ever smelled it. It still ran in that old mower but it stunk. Just topped the tank up and burned it after I disassembled the carb and pulling the needle out and cleaning the crystalline stuff out of the seat area.

/ Old fuel..... #17  
if it was me? i'd go get me some clean 55g drums.

pump all that old fuel out.

fill it with enough NEW fuel to go ahead and get her started and going.

then use that old fuel as a mix in any of my off road engines that used gas... including the boat. BUT not straight. use it only as a mix. ie.. say.. 1/3 mix. 1 old gallon for every new 2 gallons.

and I'd use it up that way.

that's how i do with any old lawnmower / tractor gas from last year. mix it down and burn it thru an running engine.

vs trying to start an engine on that stale stuff.

/ Old fuel..... #18  
I would do the same sound guy, but not sure if i would do it in a marine engine where detonation may harm it. If he has and old smoky 8n or cheap mower than yes i would do it, i would even do as you suggest in my old chey 350 pickup, but a marine motor even if its a 350 chevy just costs more if you get the correct motor.

/ Old fuel..... #20  
I would do the same sound guy, but not sure if i would do it in a marine engine where detonation may harm it. If he has and old smoky 8n or cheap mower than yes i would do it, i would even do as you suggest in my old chey 350 pickup, but a marine motor even if its a 350 chevy just costs more if you get the correct motor.

worried about reduced octane? that's EASY to fix.

diesel... atf.... alcohol.... or even off the shelf commercial octane boosters. 104 is a common brand.