Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700
I use it daily probably a average of 30 - 40 hours a week, if I am not on it I am on the excavator. I am going to change all three diesels to synthetic, (two excavators and tractor).I like the way my truck runs with it, better starts and improved mileage.
John

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #12  
my feeling on selecting oils is that it's like choosing a religion...you really never know until it's too late...but, having said that, i feel you are wise in inquiring re:eek:il selection and looking what's out there. i use rotella 5/40 syn in all my 4 stroke machines both for reliability and convenience.
i decided to do so, esp. w/ my 30+k $ kubota, when i once changed my conventional rotella 15/40 oil in 30 degree weather. amazing how slow the flow. try it sometime....
now, w/ R 5/40 syn the engine seems to turn over & respond better @ those temps for initial start up. so i choose my oil on the basis of cold starts in winter, rather than 90 degree slogs in the field. yup, even in arkansas..... i have no test proven reason to say so, just my gut feeling when near freezing machinery grinds for a cold start in winter. & i never worry that the top end 40w of that oil is not enough when the temps are high. after all, look @ the top RPM of a diesel in the field vs that of gassers on the race track...

apologize being long winded. my feeling is that your oil selection is great & i will continue using rotella 5/40 syn regardless of how the lube gurus may differ. good luck!

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700
I have changed the tractor and the TB135 excavator over to the 5w-40 Rotella synthetic and will be changing the bobcat excavator on the next scheduled change. Now I wish I could find 5 gallon buckets instead of single gallons. I have inquired at all the local auto parts and it is a no go so far.
John

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #14  
I have been getting and using Delo 400LE 5w40 synthetic for a while with very good results. I have good familiarity with Chevron Delo oils and lubes and can get the 400LE at a very good price at Wally World... $19.98 a gallon. I have used Amsoil and Mobil 1 in the past and liked them. The Delo gives me the same level of performance at a far better price. I have a lot of oil sample results that show the Delo is doing a great job. I have no doubt the Rotella synthetics also are good. I like the quick flow getting oil up to the top of the engine quickly and the way the synthetics hold up to shearing and viscosity reduction.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #15  
Just remember that 5wXX oil isn't just for winter. Even at 75f the 5w oil will flow better at cold start up than 15w oil reducing wear during the first few minutes of operation.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #16  
Like many of the others, I use synthetic oil, usually Rotella, and change it at the regular intervals. Both tractors don't take much and the few extra dollars don't amount to much. The F350 with the 7.3 powerstroke on the other hand takes 15 quarts and I have always used dino oil in it at the prescribed intervals. Lately though I haven't been driving it much and don't pull a 5th wheel any more so it sits around a lot. Since it only gets a couple of thousand miles on it in a year I'l be going to annual oil changes and switching it to synthetic also.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #17  
Im by no means an oil expert just wanting to use what best. for my machine...
I used Kubota 15w40 dino oil for the first change. I understand the xwxx ratings and all. Would you used T6 in NC in the heat of summer? ambinet temp of 95F?

Just remember that 5wXX oil isn't just for winter. Even at 75f the 5w oil will flow better at cold start up than 15w oil reducing wear during the first few minutes of operation.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #18  
I also use Rotella T-6, 5-40 weight purchased at Wally World in all my diesel motors. In gas engines I use Mobil -1. The engines of today are designed to operate at high temperatures. Synthetic oil withstands temperature changes, cold to hot, hot to cold better than Dino oil in my opinion.

The tolerance clearance between moving parts in the engines internal parts have also decreased over the years. Engines of today are nothing like those our father and grandfather had and used. There is a terrific difference in the amount of oil that fits in a clearance spec of .50 thousand and .10 thousand. So I think heat protection when considering oil. I want something that will with stand the high friction heat being generated in an engine when in use.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #19  
I guess ill make the choice betwen rotella t6 and delco 400. Im due for my change and want to change it before I work it hard moving a couple triaxles of dirt.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #20  
Im by no means an oil expert just wanting to use what best. for my machine...
I used Kubota 15w40 dino oil for the first change. I understand the xwxx ratings and all. Would you used T6 in NC in the heat of summer? ambinet temp of 95F?

Rotella T6 5w40 is every bit as much a 40 weight oil as the Kubota 15w40. In NC either will do the job year round. During those 95F degree days both will provide 40w viscosity when the tractor and oil reach operating temperature. The advantage of the 5w40 is that it should provide a little faster lubrication because it is easier to pump at all temps. Frankly, I don't think you will be able to notice the difference during the Summer, and probably just a little during the Winter unless you get unusually cold temperatures. If you do then that's where the 5w40 will get oil circulating faster. I use T6 because it's a very good synthetic oil and the price difference between it and a good dino oil spread out over a year is not that much. Here in SW PA. we can get a bit colder than you do so the 5w is a definite Winter advantage.