Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700
Well I finally found the Rotella T-6 in 5 gallon buckets, they started carrying them at Autozone and they had a sale on them but they even had a better sale by the gallon, it was $19.99 a gallon or $124.99 for 5 gal. Buckets. So it was the single gallon containers for me this time. I always shop the different parts suppliers and it seems I can find it on sale at one of them most of the time. I end up running synthetic for as cheap as Dino oil.
John

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #22  
I just bought some on sale at AutoZone also!

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #23  
Im by no means an oil expert just wanting to use what best. for my machine...
I used Kubota 15w40 dino oil for the first change. I understand the xwxx ratings and all. Would you used T6 in NC in the heat of summer? ambinet temp of 95F?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. What the first number really means is how thin the oil will be when cold. A thinner oil will flow easier. People usually worry about is in the dead of winter the oil will be thick as maple syrup and not flow well until the engine has run enough to warm it up. Yet it still holds true at 75f. The lower number oil will flow better and provide oil to your engine faster than the higher number oil. Once the engine starts to heat up both oils (assuming they have the same second number) will flow the same. What people forget is that even at 75f you are still doing damage to your engine when you first start it up until oil gets to all the bearings and such. Slightly thinner oil is better than no oil on start up and the oil will warm quickly so any concerns of running a too thin oil really aren't an issue.