Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #1  

Degolyerent

Gold Member
Do y'all think rotella t-6 5w-40w is good choice for my tractor and if so what hour ratio should it be changed?
John

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #2  
This weight of oil is formulated better for colder areas.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #3  
Rotella T-6 5w-40 is a fine oil and is used by quite a few members of these forums. Remember, it is a 40 weight oil that is as thin as a 5w oil at ambient temperatures. This works out well during the winter in cold temperatures because it will pump and flow to areas needing lubrication faster than a cold thickened straight 40w. However, when this same oil reaches operating temperature it is the same thickness and lubricates the same as a straight 40w oil at that temperature. Keep in mind that 40w or any weight of oils are given a certain "w" designation when they are within a certain "range", so there may be a little bit of variability between oils. I use Rotella T6 in my 2000 Jeep cherokee as well as in my BX25 year round and have no complaints.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700
I already use it in my 2000 F250 w/7.3 diesel and it starts better in cold weather than ever with conventional oil. I was just wondering if it would work well in the Kubota also. I have not been able to find Rotella synthetic in anything but 5w-40w. I was wondering also about how many hours I could stretch out oil change?

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #5  
I already use it in my 2000 F250 w/7.3 diesel and it starts better in cold weather than ever with conventional oil. I was just wondering if it would work well in the Kubota also. I have not been able to find Rotella synthetic in anything but 5w-40w. I was wondering also about how many hours I could stretch out oil change?

I personally don't stretch out oil changes because I use synthetic oils. I use them because if I go beyond recommended change intervals, I don't worry about it so much. I started with Rotella T6 at my BX25 50 hour service because I wanted what is considered an excellent oil at a reasonable price. The few dollars difference between it and a good conventional oil isn't going to break the bank. Amsoil cost is enough for me not to use it, especially since I won't go to extended oil changes. I suppose that conventional oil is perfectly good at recommended change intervals and there probably wouldn't be any difference in the engine 1000 hours from now. It's your call! I change oil at the recommended times to remove soot, acids, moisture and whatever other imaginary stuff I can think of at the time. Besides, my machines run better with a new oil change, and they run twice as good if I wash them at the same time. ;-) I recycle most of my synthetic oils by using them in my oil burning 36 year old John Deere 210 garden tractor. When I get around to rebuilding that engine, I'll probably use Rotella T6 in it too.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #6  
Do y'all think rotella t-6 5w-40w is good choice for my tractor and if so what hour ratio should it be changed?

It's an excellent choice for your tractor. Change intervals should be the same as in your manual (~100 hrs). There is an extreme amount of particulate contaminants that get trapped in your oil, as they are supposed to, which is why it is SO black when it comes out. That junk has to come out, so you don't get any more time on the oil just because it is a synthetic.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #7  
Don't go cheap on the oil filter, get the best one you can find. Synthetic media is often much better at filtering as the size of the media can be better controlled as opposed to typical cellulose. The oem filter may be adequate, but I would look to a premium aftermarket synthetic media filter like the Donaldson P-Series Lube Filters or the AMSOIL EAO filters.

Last edited:
   / Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #8  
seems like it's a fine oil. just checkt he rating.. if it works.. it works.

if the machine is going to set dormant during a season.. like winter.. i would not be a fan of extended interval changes.

if you used it weekly all year. I wouldn't mind a slight increased interval change.

/ Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #9  
Or for about $20 bucks you can send it off to be tested and KNOW if it needs changing.

If you use 10 gallons at $25/gallon I'd check it.

Whoops - that's about 10 gallons of hydraulic

My M4700 uses about 3 gallons of oil, so $20 to check and replace later, or about $75 to just replace.

Last edited:
   / Synthetic oil for kubota mx 4700 #10  
my 95hp NH 7610s barely holds 3g

if a kubota mx 4700 holds 10g.. um.. that's alotta oil. :)

Last edited: