Marvel Mystery Oil

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #21  
Oil is a HYDROCARBON.
Marvel Mystery oil probably does not belong in the engine, transmission, gearbox of a modern auto. The stuff is nonetheless wonderful as a lubricating oil, drilling/cutting oil, assembly lube, air tools and just all kinds of things. I love the stuff and lot's of other people do too. J

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #22  
Yes what TresCrows said. Of course I can substitute ATF for it and it works fine. I view it sort of like 3-in-one oil(selling for many years). Handy but overpriced and easially replaced by a cheaper substance.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #23  
Well, I put it in my tractor for the same reason, as power service to lube and keep the injectors clean. I have used it in my cars for the same reason. I believe it does as good a job as the injector cleaners you can buy in the stores that says that is just what they are for. And as far as its use in the modern car, I understand that they have reformulated it for that use. They even tell you its for the injectors. I had to read that before I would use it. Of course I also believe in Reslone, to clean up sludge build up in cars or trucks that aren't driven enough. I've seen that really do a good job, for what it was used for. It's also a fine lubricant, like a really good gun oil. For out side of cars I would rather use it for guns and fishing reels I think it is a better lube than Mystery oil.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #24  
I used to do that using ATF on car lot cars with sticking valves and stuck lifters and it worked great. Automatic Transmission Fluid is, as an instructor I had once put it, pure detergent. I doubt that is entirely accurate but if it wasn't close you would have constant problems from sticking valve body plungers and varnished servos.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #25  
Brad, I don't know about the newer generation of autos, but about 25 years ago, a mechanic in whom I had a great deal of confidence, told me add 2 quarts of ATF to an already full crankcase, start the engine and let it run at idle, don't drive it, for 10 minutes, then drain it out and put in fresh oil to free up sticking lifters. It worked for me.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #26  
We've used it to spray on steam cleaned engine parts to prevent rusting prior to assembly and it makes a good gen purpose oil as haad been said before.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #27  
No i'm not smart i just don't believe in marvelous products or magic products that don't have a proven track record in real people's application with no fact of performance or viability.

I do know alot of smart people and probe all resources i can..i am ase certified hd diesel stuff though.. but asking 10 people in the shop with a combined experiance of around 260 some odd years or more they all told me they've seen more damage than good and pointed out that wd-40 and alot of spray lubes are made of the same thing.. alot of times my posts i quess seem out of context.. i'm use to working around ny people all day and it tends to wear off straight and to the point.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

as some others say to me don't blame me it's not my job to state your own case.. there's many products that have been around for 100yrs plus and still as junky as ever.. but this product has been charged in the fcc with false statements and no one's proven it not to be just plain old #1..

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #28  
I use it as fogging oil to winterize inboard boat engine. I've
been using it three years now without any problems.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #29  
Well, you have a right to your opinion, but as far as asking the other people you work with, with their 260 some years experiance, in what who knows, but not with Marvel Mystery Oil. Is like asking 10 old maids about marriage, with 600 or 700 years of experiance, they would all have an opioion, but not facts, as they hadn't tryed it. Or ask 10 fat people about how to lose weigh, they will all tell you, of course they really don't have any facts, so they don't know. Or ask 10 drunks how to quit drinking, again they all have a opioion, but don't really know the truth. Maybe its the name Mystery that is bothering your thinking, I know its not facts.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #30  
Please enlighten us as to what the product is and how your experiance with it has been different... like i said from what i've heard...talked and looked into.. it's nothing more than a light refined motor/fuel oil mix.. cheer up it's not the end of the world.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif