Tractor
    ford 2000

Default Is this oil OK to use???

The oil is called Trans-Hydraulic. And is sold at Family Farm and Home. My question is can this oil be used safely in the transmission and in the hydraulic compartment of a 1966 Ford New Holland 2000?????

Tractor
    JD 5085M; NH TN70A; Ford 2600

Default Re: Is this oil OK to use???

Not familiar with that store, but that sounds like what you want. As long as it is a good quality Hydra-Trans fluid. (also known as Tractor-Hydraulic)
    I use Mobilfluid 424, and I get it from the local Exxon-Mobil fuel supplier.
    '10 JD 5085M Cab MFWD FEL
    '07 NH TN70A MFWD FEL
    '81 Ford 2600

JD 457 round baler; JD 265 & Kuhn GMD 600 disc mowers; Sitrex V-10 rake; Hardee 10', Rhino 7', & Modern 5' rotary mowers; JD 13' & Ford 6' tandem discs; HayKing 10' rennovator plow (sub-soiler); etc, etc.
    My other tractor is a '95 Kenworth.

Donít ever wrestle with a pig. Youíll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

Tractor
    ford 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot62 View Post
    Not familiar with that store, but that sounds like what you want. As long as it is a good quality Hydra-Trans fluid. (also known as Tractor-Hydraulic)
    I use Mobilfluid 424, and I get it from the local Exxon-Mobil fuel supplier.
    Thanks Bigfoot for the reply.... One more question. When I drained the Transmission case the oil came out milky, what and how is the best way to flush that part of the system out????? Jim

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by jim w View Post
    Thanks Bigfoot for the reply.... One more question. When I drained the Transmission case the oil came out milky, what and how is the best way to flush that part of the system out????? Jim
    See http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/g...-tractors.html Soundguy (one of the posters on that thread) is one if the experts on older Fords around here.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    ó Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

I use Chevron 1000 THF.

Chevron 1000 Thf - Alexis Oil - Fleet Fueling, Oil Products ...

If you haven't already, check your shifter boots - it's one way water gets in. Even if the boots are good, if the 2000 sits outside, an empty 5 gal pail over the shifter can keep some rain away.

Rgds, D.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

Family Farm and Home sells oil that works in your Ford. It has the New Holland #m2c134 listed on the back of the jug. They also sell a couple of other varieties that don't have the New Holland numbers listed them.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor