AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #1  

Sysop

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035HST purchased 2013 - Husqvarna TS348-D purchased 2019 - Craftsman 42" HST purchased 2003
I'm curious if it is as difficult to locate stations selling AG/off-road diesel fuel everywhere else as it is here? Out of the three counties I travel regularly, only one store I've found has it available. There are many small farms and many tractor owners in the area, so I really don't understand why it is as hard to come by as it is.

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #2  
One station (Citgo) in my area sells it, and it was only recently. Most places you can't even buy diesel at the pump, you have to hand over your credit card before the tenant will turn the pump on.

Since I prefer Irving Diesel (Canadian refinery), which doesn't sell off-road at their station, I just collect my receipts and deduct the on-road taxes when I do my yearly tax filing.

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #3  
This is one reason I installed a gravity fed 150 gallon diesel fuel tank.I just call my local farm fuel store to come filler up.

Last edited:
   / AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #4  
I'm fortunate to live in a rural area...5 stores within 10 miles with off-road pumps.

Will

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #5  
I'm lucky enough to have 2 places within 5 mile that have off road fuel

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #6  
Our local MFA has not dealt with "off road diesel" for over 10 years. Fortunately I have a "Bulls Eye" convenience store only 3.5 miles away who does carry it. Needless to say I no longer use a farm filled fuel tank.

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #7  
I live in the woods about 3 miles north of the last corn field or dairy farm.
Every station on the border surrounding town sells farm diesel at a pump....
They will also carry K1 kerosene at the pump....
Just the stations in the middle of town don't carry either....

All the small town that only have two stations, one will have farm fuel at the pump.....
And some will have K1......

Good luck

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #8  
My neighbor who recently installed a couple tanks with pumps on his property told me that in IL they can't sell ORD at the stations anymore... too many people mis-using it. I don't know if this is true, but I live in a very rural area and haven't found it around me in the 5 years I've lived here. I don't use a lot- maybe 40 gallons a year so it's not a big deal... it's just the principle of the matter.

/ AG/Off-Road Diesel Availability #10  
Our local MFA has not dealt with "off road diesel" for over 10 years. Fortunately I have a "Bulls Eye" convenience store only 3.5 miles away who does carry it. Needless to say I no longer use a farm filled fuel tank.

Why did the Bulls Eye" convenience store eliminate your need for a farm filled fuel tank ?