shelf life: premium vs reg?

/ shelf life: premium vs reg? #52  
Gents, just a suggestion.

Marathon Recreation 90 and 91 Gas.
Ethanol free, lead free.
Most Marinas sell it as "Marine Gas" if they are allowed to sell ethanol free.
MOST dirt tracks, and small town race tracks have a pump, and usually there's a gas station near the tracks that sell it.
Marathon distributors will be able to deliver and fill bulk tanks.

We run quite a bit of small engines and OPE, as well as older Gas equipment that chokes on the Corn gas, and drives me nuts with repairs to carbs and fuel lines, when the nasty ethanol is used.

If you have a local Marina or one nearby that sells it, see if the local distributor can arrainge to fill your bulk tank when the Marina gets thiers.

Cost is usually BELOW pump premium when bought bulk.
Last fill we got was below pump regular.
Of course the road and state sales taxes and all that have to be dealt with on the back side if you are exempt, because it is not dyed.

As a side note, the Rec 91 is FAA rated for aircraft use in planes that are approved for lead free fuel.

It's good stuff, and due to higher energy per volume, it works out to be cheaper than pump gas in more ways than one.
I had to lean out equipment that was set for 10% ethanol gas, and adjust the carb on the fixed jet Waukesha we run on a harvester.
The first thing that gets noticed, is smoother running in small OPE.

Good luck!

/ shelf life: premium vs reg? #53  
If I don't work in aviation, can I walk into a small airfield with a gas can, and ask to buy 100LL ?

Not trying to be funny, that is a genuine question.

Rgds, D.

Yes.

Chris

/ shelf life: premium vs reg? #55  
I agree with the idea that lead is not a big problem if you don't go around eating lead based paint like a little kid of a pail calf. But I do think that the insults to the body are additive. So while a little lead may not be a big deal it is one more proverbial nail.

Generally I try to avoid the nails without being afraid of my shadow. Can be a fine line.