Alternative Oil Filters

/ Alternative Oil Filters #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
Just for kicks (it's raining and there's nothing else to do /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif), I went to the Wix Filters web site and looked up my tractor (NH TC25D) up to see which filters they offered. I specifically wanted to see if they offered an engine oil filter. They did. I then went to the Fram, Purolator and Hastings web sites and looked the Wix filter number up to get each manufacturer's version and came up with the following.

Wix 51056
Fram PH8172
Purolator L35310
Hastings LF302

Is there anything incorrect about this process for identifying alternative oil filters for a tractor?

/ Alternative Oil Filters #2  
Mike:

Sounds good to me. I tried to look up filters for my 5030HSTC and the Fram site doesn't list them. Guess I am stuck with high buck Kubota filters.

Actually, the only high priced one is the hydraulic filter, high side. It's about $50.00!!

/ Alternative Oil Filters
From the Wix site...

Air Filter 42744 M5030DT w/Kubota Engine (Inner)
Air Filter 42743 M5030DT w/Kubota Engine (Outer)
Fuel Filter 33391 M5030DT w/Kubota Engine
Hydraulic 57114 M5030DT w/Kubota Engine
Oil Filter 51068 M5030DT w/Kubota Engine

/ Alternative Oil Filters #4  
Mike.... how about the BX22???? I am being lazy now for sure... LOL... Junkman /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Alternative Oil Filters #6  
5030, Have you tried to directly cross your Kubota numbers on that site?

/ Alternative Oil Filters #7  
DavidJ:

No, but I will, problem is, the filter numbers are on the boxes not on the filters. I'll have to wait until I get a new set which will be soon and record the numbers.

/ Alternative Oil Filters #8  
Hi Daryl,

I just ordered a new Hydraulic filter for my L3430 with cab from the Kubota dealer and it was $24.38. When I had gone to the dealer to pick up my supplies for my first 50 hour service, the salesperson forgot to give me the larger hydraulic filter so I called them and they sent me this one by UPS since I live about an hour away. It just came this afternoon. There are actually two hydraulic filters on mine. One is for the HST (which is a little smaller, part # TA240-59900) and the other is called just a hydraulic filter and is a little longer (part #33960-82630) I don't remember how much the HST hydraulic filter cost. I wonder why yours cost so much more. Maybe because your tractor is a larger model? I emailed you about the AC modifications for the cab. Did you get my email? If you didn't, I'll resend my email address.

Haz

/ Alternative Oil Filters #9  
Try www.filter1.com. Wix filters only. 6 or more, shipping is free. They'll also send you a Wix master catalog for free. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif