Sea Foam

/ Sea Foam #1  

murph1

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF-135 DK-40se Ventrac 4500
Has anyone use a product called Sea Foam? What were your results and Opinion about this Voodoo product?

/ Sea Foam #2  
Hey Murph, how's Potato's? I have nothing but luck with it so far. Great carb in a can.

/ Sea Foam #3  
Good stuff.

/ Sea Foam #4  
It has worked good for me several times over the years. Seafoam has been around for a long time. http://seafoamsales.com/

/ Sea Foam #5  
Has anyone use a product called Sea Foam? What were your results and Opinion about this Voodoo product?

As a general rule I hate stuff like this. However, two years ago as a last resort before rebuilding/replacing the carburetor on an inboard ski boat I dumped a can in the gas tank figuring I didn't have anything to lose. The stumbling off idle when accelerating was gone almost immediately and I was left shocked and reevaluating my general rules. I think a can is $6-$9 so if you have a situation like this it's worth a try.

I've heard of some people using it in the crankcase as an oil additive that they believe cleans something. I'll never believe that's okay.

/ Sea Foam #6  
The original Seafoam product can be used different ways - in oil, gas, intake cleaner....

I use it in gas, as a occasional cleaner. Works well, up to a point - if you have a carb that is totally clogged up with dried junk, often nothing except complete disassembly and manual cleaning/replacement of parts will work. But, for carbs that have been somewhat neglected, it can often help quite a bit.

Recently I've heard that some people have created problems by using way too high of a dosage in gas - affecting seals. I have not experienced this, nor been able to verify otherwise, but if it is true, then I view it as a positive thing - means to me that the product is strong enough to be useful. Just follow the dosage ratios correctly, and you shouldn't have an issue.

Rgds, D.

/ Sea Foam #7  
Seafoam really does work. I add it to high octane gasoline, and it will last much longer. Also have fixed many carb problems in old garden tractors.

/ Sea Foam #8  
my oh my go away

/ Sea Foam #10  
Saved me from taking the carburetor apart several times on different engines.

Ralph