How much diesel fuel supplement?

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #1  

JLD

Tractor
Kubota 2410
I just purchased a quart of Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement/Centane Boost - Year Around Formula. Directions say 32 oz per 100 gallons or 32 oz per 50 gallons for faster injector cleanup and maximum centane boost. How much should I use? I have a 50 hour old tractor so injectors should be clean, but I also want to keep them that way. I'm in central North Carolina, so I should not have severe problems with gelling.

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #2  
I use 5 oz for my JD4410(35 hours) with a 10 gal tank. Its between the two doses of 3.2 to 6.4 per 10. I will increase to 6 when temp goes below 30.

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #3  
Ive been doing 3oz per 5g. Mainly because it is easy to measure. It also gets really cold here.

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #4  
With no gelling problems.. and so new as to not have dirty injectors.. looks like the dose of 3.2 oz per 10 gallons is the 'as specified' ratio.

Soundguy

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #5  
I was wondering what are the symptons of dirty injectors, How long would it take to develop dirty fuel injectors and any results of using additives to clean them?

The Rotella brand or Power Service grey brand one says every 10K miles. So if i don't need anti-gel could i just use it the equivalant of 10K miles in hrs and get the same results? Like every oil change and keep the injectors clean or would i have to use the additive every fillup?

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #6  
To be truth full I just poor in a bit of power service and then follow up with diesel.
Basically estimating by eye.
Bottom line is I don't think its critical.

Fred

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #7  
Zukio,

Do you think I should throw some fuel additive in since I have not refilled my tractor since the day I got it over the summer? Does anybody pour it right into the tank of the tractor? Thanks.

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #8  
During the late autumn to early spring, 5gal of fuel added to a 6gal fueling tank containing 3 oz of PowerService. No gelling or clouding down to at least -8F. Not sure if it's the winterized blend, PowerService or both at work. Rest of the year ~1.5oz/5gal ratio. Drain off if any H2O & changing the fuel filter in the autumn plus PowerService has so far prevented any cold weather fuel problems.

/ How much diesel fuel supplement? #10  
Use a one or two ounce shot glass. If you don't drink this would be a really good excuse to start. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif