What grease gun are you using??

/ What grease gun are you using?? #1  

diesel lover

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferg. To 20, 1956 Massey F. MF 25 diesel, Ferg. 40, 1944 John D. A, 1965 cockshutt 40,
Find grease gun quality has gone down hill. I'm thinking about getting about getting a legacy lumax gun from tractor supply for 35$. The same model on the tool truck is 50$. I want to get a hand pump. Probably pistol grip.

/ What grease gun are you using?? #2  
I have 3 guns plus different tips...I hate em all lol! Seems I can always find a situation where its near impossible to grease with any of them.

Thinking of a Milwaukee 12V next time they go on sale. :D

/ What grease gun are you using?? #3  
I just got the lincoln one from amazon. Seems to be well built.

/ What grease gun are you using?? #4  
Milwaukee 12V is they way to go.

/ What grease gun are you using??
Milwaukee 12V is they way to go.
I have used battery powered grease guns many times and they work well but for my personal greasing I do not need one. I have an air powered single shot grease gun from harbor freight that was given to me. I don't have a large enough air compressor to use it only a 2 gallon. I love air powered and battery powered as I have used both to grease forklifts and trucks. The trick to getting most fittings to accept grease is to release the pressure off the area. If greasing shocks on a truck jack up the truck by the frame not by the axle etc.

For me just a hand grease gun is fine.

/ What grease gun are you using?? #6  
I have used battery powered grease guns many times and they work well but for my personal greasing I do not need one. I have an air powered single shot grease gun from harbor freight that was given to me. I don't have a large enough air compressor to use it only a 2 gallon. I love air powered and battery powered as I have used both to grease forklifts and trucks. The trick to getting most fittings to accept grease is to release the pressure off the area. If greasing shocks on a truck jack up the truck by the frame not by the axle etc.

For me just a hand grease gun is fine.

If it feels good do it. You asked what I used and I told ya.

/ What grease gun are you using??
I only use a electric or air powered grease gun if I'm at work and the company purchased it lol

/ What grease gun are you using?? #8  
I use a pneumatic one that I got at Atwoods for $20 3 or so years ago and it still works fine. I did notice that the brand they now carry are $29 but still a long ways from the $200 for a Lincoln battery gun. Since I do all my greasing at the shop, I don't need a battery powered one. I also have 2 hand pump guns that I rarely use, mostly just for when I need a dab of grease on my finger to smear on something. It just about takes 3 hands to use the hand pump one so if you don't have a grease partner, a powered one is the only way to grease whether it be battery or air.

/ What grease gun are you using?? #9  
I've got a pistol grip, a lever gun and a battery operated. The one I use the most now is the battery operated.