locknlube cupler for a grease gun

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #21  
With a regular tip, you can adjust the it to get a good seal and/or to remove the coupler, in most cases. But those aren't the ones that bother me. It's the 1% of the zerks that are buried deep and don't allow you to grasp the coupler to loosen it if it is stuck. And the 5% of zerks that need a full turn on the coupler to tighten it for a good seal, but I only found out after pumping 3 times and making a mess. $30 is steep for sure, but if I found one on a shelf around here I would probably buy it. I read that it is designed and made in South Africa, in case that matters to anyone.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #22  
I have several grease fittings that just have holes large enough to get the normal size head into. I actually have to use the hose to push it on. That head looks kind of big. How easy is it when dealing with hard to reach fittings?

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #23  
I have several grease fittings that just have holes large enough to get the normal size head into. I actually have to use the hose to push it on. That head looks kind of big. How easy is it when dealing with hard to reach fittings?

well, i cant tell you that, cause i had no issues with any on my equipment. i guess if it was in a real tight area one can change to a 90 degree fitting.
these are the style of fittings i have. it fits fine

_fitting.jpg

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #24  
I read this thread with interest as I've been tearing my hair out over grease gun couplers for years. One look at the LockNLube coupler and I knew I had to try it. It arrived on Friday and I had a chance to try it out over the weekend. This thing is amazing! It effortlessly attaches and detaches from the zerks and no grease leaks. I tried it on my front spindles, loader, mower spindles, etc. Where has this gizmo been all my life? $30? Well worth the money! I only have a few zerks here and there that need to be swapped for a 45 or 90-degree fitting so the LockNLube will fit.

The only downside is I have one of those little kits which contains various specialty grease fitting adapters and the LockNLube collar will not fit. No biggie, I have a second grease gun with a standard coupler that will work on them.

But for 95% of my regular greasing duties the LockNLube finally makes greasing fun!

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #25  
There are many items like this shown on forums. Many of them I just dismiss. This one hit home for me.
If it works as discussed it will be good for me too.
I just ordered mine today! Thanks guys, for the good information.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #26  
well, i cant tell you that, cause i had no issues with any on my equipment. i guess if it was in a real tight area one can change to a 90 degree fitting.
these are the style of fittings i have. it fits fine

View attachment 364710

As you can see by his photograph that the Kioti loader fittings are recessed, and as such it makes it very difficult to push the coupler sideways to try to release it. I can see how the quick release coupler would be a time saver.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #27  
As you can see by his photograph that the Kioti loader fittings are recessed, and as such it makes it very difficult to push the coupler sideways to try to release it. I can see how the quick release coupler would be a time saver.

yup, it clips on and off with ease. no issues at all

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #28  
yup, it clips on and off with ease. no issues at all

Yep on mine, I normally have to unscrew the tip a little to get it off sometimes, because you cant push it sideways.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #29  
I also thought that this was a clever idea. I emailed Mr. Locknlube, to see if there was any kind of warranty beyond the 30 day. There isn't.
Also learned that the seal is not replaceable. Once it wears/tears or whatever, the coupling is useless.

You guys that have purchased, If you don't mind taking a close look at what it would take to replace the seal and report back, it would be appreciated.
I'm sure we have all tinkered with a dead item and found a fix. It would be nice if a fix is found.

So, right now I am not purchasing one. I can't justify spending $30 for a tool that is useless when a rubber wears out. Perhaps I am too cheap and fussy.....

The following is my answer from Mr. Locknlube:

First, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about the coupler. I will attempt to give you the best explanation I can . The 30 day trial: The trial is there for people to give the coupler a try. To answer such questions as, will it fit on my grease gun, will it perform as expected, is the size OK for my needs and finally does it make greasing less frustrating and more effective. Since the offer includes return postage I have completely removed any risk on the part of the buyer except for disappointment of hopes not fulfilled. Of the 900+ couplers sold to date I have yet to get one back because the buyer did not like it. I have had 2 come back for other reasons. One was because the owner tried to modify it and failed and another one where they buyer abused it. The seal was chewed up and the sliding sleeve was bent. In both cases they did not want a refund but rather a new coupler. The abuser really didn't want a new one but rather wanted to be able to repair it. Because the seal is not replaceable ( explained later) I offered to give him a new coupler. I did not know at the time that the reason for failure was rough handling. But it really did not matter to me.

Other than the seal I feel confident that a life time warranty is possible. The coupler is a robust tool. But offering a lifetime warranty on the coupler while excluding the seal from the warranty I think would be confusing to the average buyer Especially when the seal will wear, has a limited life and is subject to operator abuse. Frankly I just don't know how to offer such a warranty.

Why isn't the seal replace able? The way the seal is installed requires that the housing has to be deformed a bit so that the seal is held in place. There is such limited space in the tip of the coupler that this deformation was the only solution.

- lockandlube

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #30  
I have a neighbor/friend who is an excavator, with several different pieces of equipment. I can see where the Lockandlube coupler would be a time saver, as well as saving on grease and insuring all joints get greased.

While I find the $30 cost hard to jusify for myself, I am considering purchasing a Lockandlube for my neighbor.