Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 , Case 448 Kubota B2650

Default Re: locknlube cupler for a grease gun

But I still don't understand why the kubota tractors (zerks) that I have won't take the grease like the zillion of zerks that I have greased over the past 60 years. Since greaseing is so important, it looks like to me that the manufacturer would comply vs driving the rest of us crazy.

At least it is comforting to me to find out that I'm not the only one.
    Kubota B2620 HST (2012) Case 448(1983)

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT

I'm sick of grease problems. I just ordered the LockNLube. $30 is nothing if it works. I'll bet a lot of you guys spend $30 or beer or pizza that's gone in a flash.

I'm sure if you wait long enough, somebody in China will rip off this design and build one out of cheez whiz that you can buy for $5 if you don't mind some ripoff artist in China having your credit card number.

Pappy

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Quote Originally Posted by Poopdeck Pappy View Post
    I'm sick of grease problems. I just ordered the LockNLube. $30 is nothing if it works. I'll bet a lot of you guys spend $30 or beer or pizza that's gone in a flash.

I'm sure if you wait long enough, somebody in China will rip off this design and build one out of cheez whiz that you can buy for $5 if you don't mind some ripoff artist in China having your credit card number.
    Now that I have the LockNLube coupler I wish the grease interval on the loader wasn't 10 hrs. We need more stuff that needs greased daily!

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Mine just came in the mail, 2 days that's fast.
    Murph

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Now that I have the LockNLube coupler I wish the grease interval on the loader wasn't 10 hrs. We need more stuff that needs greased daily!
    Im sure the novelty will wear off. Utility is the name of the game. Use the loader more or find something else to grease.
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Mine just came in the mail, 2 days that's fast.
    I got a shipping notice less than an hour after I ordered it. Nice.

Pappy

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

mine arrived 2 days after i ordered it. cant beat that for service.

and really....$30 isnt much in the grand scheme of things.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    well i dont care what others say... im sick and tired of messing with grease fittings over the years. I just had to mess with one of my loader zerk fittings getting stuck on my gun yesterday. messed with it for 10 minutes trying to get it to release.

$30 does seem a bit much, but im sick and tired of messing with a dirty grease gun. I went ahead and purchased one from Amazon just now.

Ill tell you how i like it when it arrives
    I ordered one March 16 after reading about it in the "Grease Gun and a Screwdriver" thread (to which I have been subscribed for a long time) and it arrived today. My experience with the Kioti DK loader fittings is similar to grsthegreat's and his post saying the LockNLube solves the problem is why I ordered it. The protected recessed fittings frequently don't want to let go, even with a loosened grease gun coupler.

I tested the LockNLube by greasing the loader. It is amazing how much easier it is to grease those fittings now. It is pricey (especially with the $7.95 shipping and Canadian $ exchange rate), but well worth it. It was just a matter of time before I broke some of those recessed fittings using the standard couplers. And since it is easier, I'm sure I'll grease them more often now.

Thanks for the information.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by kco View Post
    I ordered one March 16 after reading about it in the "Grease Gun and a Screwdriver" thread (to which I have been subscribed for a long time) and it arrived today. My experience with the Kioti DK loader fittings is similar to grsthegreat's and his post saying the LockNLube solves the problem is why I ordered it. The protected recessed fittings frequently don't want to let go, even with a loosened grease gun coupler.

I tested the LockNLube by greasing the loader. It is amazing how much easier it is to grease those fittings now. It is pricey (especially with the $7.95 shipping and Canadian $ exchange rate), but well worth it. It was just a matter of time before I broke some of those recessed fittings using the standard couplers. And since it is easier, I'm sure I'll grease them more often now.

Thanks for the information.
    cool it worked out. i got free shipping on mine. i guess they add shipping for canada. bummer.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

I've 4 workshops and 3 houses I'm at with equipment that needs greasing and I finally got fed up with not having a grease gun nearby. So I bought 10 Alemite Screw Type Grease Gun's

(which come w/o couplers) to spread around (along with the three crap pump type and my 1 good Lincoln).

In my search for couplers and kits (I need some needle coupler, some right angle couplers, etc.) I ran across

for button head grease fittings.

Looking at button head grease fittings I wonder why most of my fittings are NOT button head vs the standard zerk, it seems they would be a lot easier to hook on to.

Does anyone use the button head grease fittings? Do they have problems? Amazon has them for $85/100.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all
    My saws - 12" B&D 40 volt,JD CS 62, efco 3500, Stihls - 021, 660 w/woods mod, 660 w/ DP muffler, 088, Woodmizer LT10

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast