locknlube cupler for a grease gun

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #1  

johnems

Bronze Member
Has any one use Locknlube. If so does it work as advertised or is it a gimmick? LocknLube grease gun coupler ends greasing frustration.

It is described as:

The Lock and Lube grease gun coupler has a unique sliding sleeve, activated by a thumb lever. The sleeve either locks the four spring-steel jaws onto the Zerk fitting or releases the jaws from the Zerk. When the jaws are locked onto the Zerk a leak proof seal is created. The locked connection is positive and rigid preventing the coupler from coming loose and breaking the leak proof seal. No hands are needed to hold the coupler onto the fitting while grease is being pumped. Because it does not leak, the grease goes in, not on the machine. The bearings get the grease they so desperately need.

If a fitting becomes pressurized, especially a recessed one, just depress the thumb lever and release the coupler. Stuck couplers can be problem with the standard coupler.

Thanks John

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #2  
Subscribed.
Interested in feedback as well
Dave

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #3  
I would be interested to see what people think too before I lay down $30 for a grease gun coupler.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #4  
30.00??? Too much money for that. Send me one for testing

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #5  
Perhaps it's just me but I've never had a problem putting the standard coupler on to & removing from a grease nipple.

TBN put me onto the fact that the standard coupler is adjustable... although initially put on by their 'factory trained 800lb. gorilla'. A pair of vice-grips + a whack from a rubber mallet loosened it and I've not had a complaint since.

This may be a convenient 'gadget' praying on those who haven't twigged to the existing adjustable coupler.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #6  
Perhaps it's just me but I've never had a problem putting the standard coupler on to & removing from a grease nipple.

TBN put me onto the fact that the standard coupler is adjustable... although initially put on by their 'factory trained 800lb. gorilla'. A pair of vice-grips + a whack from a rubber mallet loosened it and I've not had a complaint since.

This may be a convenient 'gadget' praying on those who haven't twigged to the existing adjustable coupler.

You might enjoy this thread if you have the time

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/203295-grease-gun-screwdriver.html

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #7  
I too thought, sure that might be worth a couple bucks to avoid tightening and or loosening the tip on a grease gun, but $30, NFW is that worth more than $5 at best including shipping.
I have a few zerks that seem to be a bit smaller than the others and require a half turn on the gun tip but then it has to be loosened a bit to get it off the others. For that price, I can screw the tip in and out for a lot of times.
FOR ME THIS MYTH IS BUSTED AS FOR USEFULNESS.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #8  
I too thought, sure that might be worth a couple bucks to avoid tightening and or loosening the tip on a grease gun, but $30, NFW is that worth more than $5 at best including shipping.
I have a few zerks that seem to be a bit smaller than the others and require a half turn on the gun tip but then it has to be loosened a bit to get it off the others. For that price, I can screw the tip in and out for a lot of times.
FOR ME THIS MYTH IS BUSTED AS FOR USEFULNESS.

Yes, but a number of people don't know about the loosening tip idea. as evidenced by the old thread I posted. And that includes people who have been greasing machinery all of their lives.:)

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #9  
Yes, but a number of people don't know about the loosening tip idea. as evidenced by the old thread I posted. And that includes people who have been greasing machinery all of their lives.:)
That is easy to understand when looking at the grease tip as there is no readily visible seam at the joint and that darned gorilla must use a 4 foot cheater to tighten the two pieces together. The last one I bought, if I hadn't know it would come apart, I would likely have given up when I couldn't break it with the 12" pipe wrench and got out my 18" and even then just about needed my full weight to break the darned threads loose. I just don't understand why the manufacturer makes that joint so tight.

/ locknlube cupler for a grease gun #10  
well i dont care what others say... im sick and tired of messing with grease fittings over the years. I just had to mess with one of my loader zerk fittings getting stuck on my gun yesterday. messed with it for 10 minutes trying to get it to release.

$30 does seem a bit much, but im sick and tired of messing with a dirty grease gun. I went ahead and purchased one from Amazon just now.

Ill tell you how i like it when it arrives