Ag Fuel, Road Fuel, and Water

/ Ag Fuel, Road Fuel, and Water #21  
Bob, I'm sure you're right. I didn't use enough diesel to worry about it much, so didn't get into all the details, but my distributor did once mention that he could sell me the diesel without collecting the state tax, just using the old forms he had, but that I had to register with the state and get the new forms to avoid both state and federal tax. Like I said, at at that time, that was for regular, undyed #2 diesel for off road use, so maybe the most recent change to dyed only was a federal requirement instead of state.

/ Ag Fuel, Road Fuel, and Water #22  
As long as you have a good tank you're usually good for about six months. If you are going to keep it that long I would add a diesel supplement like power service or one of the others. This will keep the moisture out and prevent bacteria and other things from forming. If you aren't using the fuel in 3-6 months time it's really not worth doing.

/ Ag Fuel, Road Fuel, and Water #23  
<font color="blue"> I noticed the previous purchaser had bought $169.00 worth. Must have had a lot of cans. </font>

Could have been a couple of other things. Reefer trailers with diesel refirgeration units use off-road; could have been a trailer with that large a tank. Or, it could have been a service truck for a construction company, filling the truck-mounted tank in order to refill the off-road equipment. I buy mine 55 gallons at a time with one "can". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I haven't had any problems with it going "sour", but then, I 've used 6 or so drums in 7-1/2 months. Once my barn is up and I set up a permanent refueling station, I'm going to go for a 300 gallon tank and delivery, if I can find a tank cheap enough.

I save around $0.50 per gallon between Federal, State and County road taxes, but I still pay sales tax because I haven't tried to qualify for ag use. The oil distributor where I take my drum to be refilled is about 4 miles away; the closest station with on-road diesel is about 3.5 miles.

/ Ag Fuel, Road Fuel, and Water #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I 've used 6 or so drums in 7-1/2 months. )</font>

That's a lot of drums. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I've used about 8 gallons in the last 2 months.

Steve

/ Ag Fuel, Road Fuel, and Water #25  
We used some to try to start burn piles before we decided to bury all the debris; and maybe 60 gallons in heavy duty rental equipment. The rest went into my TC18, which I've been working really hard. I often use 8 gallons or more in a day, sometimes as much as 12 gallons (before daylight savings ended /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). I went past 300 hours a couple of weeks ago. I bought the tractor in April. It averages out to around 3/4 gallon per hour.

/ Ag Fuel, Road Fuel, and Water #26  
<font color="blue"> I always go to the local truck stop to buy fuel because you know
1*the diesel has got to be fresh when truckers are putting a couple hundred dollars worth in at a time.
yellowsocks93
************** </font>
1*N N S

Who do you think is moving the most fuel?
One little old truck stop catering to truckers or 3 distributors hauling off road from one bulk plant!