oil question

/ oil question #1  

amartin1

Tractor
2007 T5C
my t5c calls for 15w40 above 40 degrees and 10w below 40,my question is since this is for the hydraulic system does it mater if I use diesel oil. I can't seem to be able to find non diesel oil in that weight.

/ oil question #2  
What is a T5C? Why not a hydraulic oil?

Chris

/ oil question
t5c is a compact backhoe/loader. It is designed for motor oil instead of hydraulic oil,why I don't know maybe the whole system is less expensive(hoses,ect).

/ oil question #4  
Any oil should work but if it was mine I would contact the company and see if hydraulic fluid is now suitable.

If not it does NOT need to be diesel rated.

My tractor I bought new in 2003. It came with 30W motor oil in the hydraulic system. At 50 hours I flushed the system and put AW32 hydraulic oil in. 1006 hours as of yesterday and 11 years later no issues. Actually works better in cold and hot weather.

It's not uncommon to run motor oil in hydraulic systems. I maintain a fleet of ZTR's for a commercial mowing company and the Farris Mowers they use run Synthetic Castrol 15W50 motor oil from the factory.

Chris

/ oil question #5  
A Google search shows a "T5C" as being a Terramite mini-loader.

DEWFPO

/ oil question #6  
You should stick with what the manufacturer recommends. It may make a difference to the seals and O rings. Just like you can not use rubber fuel line to replace the rubber hose for your transmission cooler. They are different and fuel line swells and becomes sloppy in tranny fluid. Go to a good auto parts store and just ask.