dirty oil

/ dirty oil #1  

ealasimi

Bronze Member
Just gave my Kubota 254DT an oil change, the new oil seems very dirty after being run a short time. I put in second filter and new oil after about one hour run time, still dirty after that change. Been told that what diesels do. I have had tractor for two years and change oil twice each year.Is there something I should do before adding new oil. Where as a my truck engine oil is clean for some time.

/ dirty oil #2  
This is normal for a diesel engine.

/ dirty oil #3  
Yep, like Mike said, quite normal for a diesel. If your truck oil stays looking clean, then you must have a gasoline engine in it instead of diesel.

/ dirty oil #4  
Ditto what the others said. Gas jobs the oil gradually darkens till it needs changed. Diesels get sooty fast. Add to that that even though you changed the oil.. there is still lots of oil and residue in the block. A little soot goes along way.

About the only way to get a clean diesel block is a flush /cleaning after a rebuild.. were you are starting with all clean parts.. etc.

Sometiems a flushing product will help.. but have never done it on mine..

Soundguy

/ dirty oil #5  
it's dirty? how can u tell? do you have a spectrographic analysis? unless u realy spec the oil u can't tell anything about how much dissolved solids or anything is in it.

/ dirty oil
Thanks for the input. I will keep doing what I have been.