Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #1  

RumT

Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hello,
I've seen a few questions here and there pertaining to fuel additives so I thought I would put this report up here that The Diesel Place site was kind enough to release a while back.

Results are on page 11 if you do not wish to read through the whole report.

Mods - sticky this maybe?

Attachments

• DIESEL FUEL LUBRICITY ADDITIVES.pdf
    130.7 KB · Views: 393
   / Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #2  
Good info but it is quite old if the date on the front page is correct.

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives
Yes, a bit dated. I would only hope that the refineries are now regularly turning out fuel with the minimum lubricity. However, I did read where '09+ VW TDI's (I have an 09 TDI Jetta) were experiencing a high injection pump failure rate that was highly attributed to low lubricity, right around 2010-2011. I use a cocktail of PS Kleen and TC-W3 in my Jetta and Duramax. The Duramax (170K miles) idle smoothed out noticeably after starting this regime.

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #4  
I always use Lucas Fuel Treatment (Upper Cylinder Lube) for everything I own, gas or diesel. I get better gas mileage and have had no injector issues (315K on a 2001 GMC 1500) so it pays for itself. I use their Safeguard ethanol treatment too especially before I put engines up for the winter.

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #5  
   / Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #6  
I have been using Opti-lube XPD for over 4 years based on this document

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #7  
I run Amsoil Diesel Additive in all our diesels. But being a dealer I would say I'm biased. I have heard on the diesel forums for pickups about using 2 stroke oil, many had good results, several have not. Personally I won't do it.

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #8  
Amsoil dealers are few and far between

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #9  
Amsoil dealers are few and far between

There are a few Amsoil products I like - for those, I pick them up when I'm near their eastern Canada Distribution Centre. I went with the Pref Customer option, you don't have to buy all that much to cover the cost of the annual membership.

Some parts of the country have plenty of Amsoil dealers, in other areas, they are scarce. An advantage I see in the USA is low-cost shipping - you can just order what you want over the phone/net, and have it shipped to your door. In comparison, shipping in Canada is usually $$$$$$$$.

Rgds, D.

/ Diesel Fuel Lubricity And Additives #10  
I just rely on biodiesel for lubricity issues. 2% brings back all the lubricity that was lost with ULSD fuel. I do run additives, especially in winter. I use the Schaeffer diesel products primarily because I use a lot of their oil and the deliver everything to me for free. They make top flight oils and lubes and the diesel additives are pretty good also.