Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner

/ Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner #1  

jwjsr

Tractor
ford 4000
cause a no start condition? Ford 1971 4000 3 cyl diesel. I did it and the tractor quit about the time the fuel with the 244 hit the engine. I added some fuel to dilute but the ratio was still about 25% stronger than recommended and still no start. bled pump and cracked lines, still no start.
Suggestions please.

/ Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner #2  
cause a no start condition? Ford 1971 4000 3 cyl diesel. I did it and the tractor quit about the time the fuel with the 244 hit the engine. I added some fuel to dilute but the ratio was still about 25% stronger than recommended and still no start. bled pump and cracked lines, still no start. Suggestions please.

My guess is no. A diesel will run on about anything. I would put my money on some crud in the tank was loosened up with the strong dose and you have a blockage. Could be in the fuel lines, filter, shutoff, or injector pump/injectors themselves.

Chris

/ Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner #3  
What Chris said. I've used 2X or greater and the diesel engine continued to run fine.

/ Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner
I think you were spot on, mY tow start man didn't show so i drained the tank until it was clear, changed the fuel filter and bled the CAV inj pump dry as I could with the bleed screw, same with inj lines. Finally it started popping a little and a gave it a shot of ether and it caught and cleared running fine now. All three of the bleeds above i bled into jars, there was water/crud in all 3, the pump had water and some kind of white looking crud in it that later turned yellow after sitting in the jar a couple of hours. I dodged another bullet, tinkering with stuff that is running fine that i know little about.
My guess is no. A diesel will run on about anything. I would put my money on some crud in the tank was loosened up with the strong dose and you have a blockage. Could be in the fuel lines, filter, shutoff, or injector pump/injectors themselves.

Chris

/ Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner
This is what i caught bleeding the injector pump.

Attachments

• 2014-06-13 22.19.48.jpg
    2014-06-13 22.19.48.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 2014-06-13 22.20.04.jpg
    2014-06-13 22.20.04.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 340
   / Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner #6  
I just ran three bottles through a diesel Sprinter to clean it out. One when the tank was full One at 3/4 full and one at 1/4 tank full. If you look at video on utube they run the stuff through at 100% direct to the fuel line so for us to match that we'd have to put in 20 gallons......and that would rin a few grand to put that much in.

I paid $25 on ebay for 11oz, you know where I might find it cheaper? Also a regular on YT suggested cleaning an old pump that might be on the verge of needing a rebuild with Bg might hasten its demise? Hopefully my pump does not meet that criteria.

/ Can adding more than double the recommended amount of BG 244 diesel injector cleaner #8  
It sure looks like you have some very contaminated fuel. If you have home bulk storage, you need to take a look at it for water/algae growth. Drain off the water or whatever that yellow stuff is, pour in some biocide and get the fuel back clean again. You should be able to look in the fuel tank on your tractor and see any sediment in the bottom.