FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #1  

billefscombust

Tractor
John Deere 48wide
Hi does anyone have fuel problems from ethanol? I have had to rebuild my carb 3 times now. Stable is garbage doesn't work!! when I empty the tank it has a ton of water and crap in it. Where can I buy gas with no ethanol in NJ? I heard that race gas is not good to use in my tractor but there is no ethanol in it. Looking for advise thanks

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #4  
I hate ethanol. Simple logic says you shouldn't be burning up your food supply, or pouring corn into your vehicles. I burn nothing but non-ethanol fuel.

My lawn tractors and gas-powered tools run like garbage on ethanol based fuel. So I avoid ethanol with the sole exception of lighting burn piles.

Some states, I believe, have banned non-ethanol fuel. Big brother is doing its best to force compliance with all the politically correct BS policies that enhance its reach into your life and build its unrestrained power.

Check out pure-gas.org to find a station in your area.

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #5  
Hi does anyone have fuel problems from ethanol? I have had to rebuild my carb 3 times now. Stable is garbage doesn't work!! when I empty the tank it has a ton of water and crap in it. Where can I buy gas with no ethanol in NJ? I heard that race gas is not good to use in my tractor but there is no ethanol in it. Looking for advise thanks
I use Stabil and have no problems with water in my gas and I use regular ethanol blend all summer till last of the mowing season when I will switch over to Pure gas with a double dose of Stabil Storage blend for setting in the mowers all winter. My guess is you are getting bad fuel to start with OR you are not storing it properly. Ethanol does attract water, but if you keep the gas can sealed no water vapor can get in.

Ethanol blend will not stay fresh more than about 1 month before it starts to turn dark, a good indication of varnishes forming which will gum up some carbs. Stabil helps keep this from happening for 4-6 months.
Again, I never have any water problems from ethanol blend fuels. I used to use Pure gas from a local station that was just a couple cents per gallon higher, then he went to a different supplier and jumped his price about $.40 per gallon more so I quit using it except for fall top off. I will fill the tank with pure gas and run it down to 1/4 tank of so and then in spring top it up with fresh fuel. I know everyone says store with full tank but I have no problem storing it this way. My mowers, chainsaws & weedeaters are inside a closed garage (boatshed) so moisture isn't really a problem. I also keep both my diesel storage tanks inside this boat shed and in 5 years I still haven't changed any of my fuel filters on any of my toys and the clear ones show no contamination products.

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #6  
I use Stabil and have no problems with water in my gas and I use regular ethanol blend all summer till last of the mowing season when I will switch over to Pure gas with a double dose of Stabil Storage blend for setting in the mowers all winter. My guess is you are getting bad fuel to start with OR you are not storing it properly. Ethanol does attract water, but if you keep the gas can sealed no water vapor can get in.

Ethanol blend will not stay fresh more than about 1 month before it starts to turn dark, a good indication of varnishes forming which will gum up some carbs. Stabil helps keep this from happening for 4-6 months.
Again, I never have any water problems from ethanol blend fuels. I used to use Pure gas from a local station that was just a couple cents per gallon higher, then he went to a different supplier and jumped his price about $.40 per gallon more so I quit using it except for fall top off. I will fill the tank with pure gas and run it down to 1/4 tank of so and then in spring top it up with fresh fuel. I know everyone says store with full tank but I have no problem storing it this way. My mowers, chainsaws & weedeaters are inside a closed garage (boatshed) so moisture isn't really a problem. I also keep both my diesel storage tanks inside this boat shed and in 5 years I still haven't changed any of my fuel filters on any of my toys and the clear ones show no contamination products.

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #7  
Forgot to mention, all my small engines (chainsaws, weedeater, push mower, pressure washer, generator) I run dry of fuel and store them with empty carbs and fuel tanks. My oldest toy is my pressure washer at 14 years old and still no issue with carbs.

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #8  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

We moved your thread to the Oil, Fuel, & Lubricants forum. :)

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #9  
This is a topic that has generated hundreds of replies in various forms. Ethanol is crap. I was careful in storing fuel, faithful in adding Stabil, running carbs dry, etc., and still had problems. Got some canned, premixed fuel for my chainsaws, and it was like they were brand new and perfect! Since then, I got some pure gas, and try to avoid the corn fuel whenever I can. Thank you, farm lobby, for doing this to us.

/ FUEL PROBLEMS with Ethonal #10  
I My guess is you are getting bad fuel to start with OR you are not storing it properly. .

With that much crap and water in your carb that would be my guess as well.