Single oil for multiple tractors

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #1  

wpala

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920, Kioti CK30 HST, Kioti RX7320
Hi
I have 2 older tractors , and 2 newer + RTV diesel, some older ones require SEA30 oil, newer 10W30, I found this on the amsoil web site and was wondering if this would be a good option of buying single oil for all my tractors? specs are impressive and is an Amsoil
here is a lin

AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 10W-30/SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Motor Oil

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome
Paul.W

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #2  
The specs look pretty good.. Maybe you did find a good oil... You being in Canada is seems like the weight would be ok...

I don't use amsoil, but it's only because of availability reasons.. One thing we know for sure is that this oil is not going to hurt any of your engines...

I would run it and see.. Only if you have any unexpected oil consumption issues would I worry about changing back to anything else...

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #3  
yep. no way i'd use a straight weifght 30 in canada!

10w30 diesel oil syn.. not bad.

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #4  
Hi
I have 2 older tractors , and 2 newer + RTV diesel, some older ones require SEA30 oil, newer 10W30, I found this on the amsoil web site and was wondering if this would be a good option of buying single oil for all my tractors? specs are impressive and is an Amsoil
here is a lin

AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 10W-30/SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Motor Oil

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome
Paul.W
In Canada winter, even here in Virginia, you really want a 0 or 5 for the 1st number. A 10 will slow your cranking in the cold and not lubricate as well during the first period of operation after starting.
larry

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #5  
5w40 is probably available there?

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #6  
Might want to run one of these two as they have ratings for new engine oil specs and some ot the older specs check your manuals for api requirements. The heavy duty was not rated to go in my M8540 with EGR

Premium API CJ-4 Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Oil
Maximum Fuel Economy and Extended Drain Intervals in Ultra-Low Emission Diesel Engines
AMSOIL Premium API CJ-4 Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Oil

Or what I use

Premium API CJ-4 Synthetic 15W-40 Diesel Oil
Superior Shear Stability and Extended Drain Intervals in Ultra-Low Emission Diesel Engines
The premium choice diesel oil for model-year 2007 and newer heavy-duty and pickup truck diesel engines requiring API CJ-4 emission-quality oil standards. Delivers extraordinary lubrication in diesel engines in commercial, fleet and personal applications. Exceeds modern specs for emission-quality diesel oil.

AMSOIL Premium API CJ-4 Synthetic 15W-40 Diesel Oil

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #7  
that amsoil loked like ti was rated for up to 2007 diesels..e tc. according to spec anyway.

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #8  
John Deere sells a synthetic oil 0w-40. I use it in pretty well everything I can year round. Every dealer around here stocks it and the price is reasonable for a synthetic. Here we pay $152 for 5 US gallons/18.9 liters.

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #9  
John Deere sells a synthetic oil 0w-40. I use it in pretty well everything I can year round. Every dealer around here stocks it and the price is reasonable for a synthetic. Here we pay $152 for 5 US gallons/18.9 liters.
Here I cant find it for less than $9 a quart Nobody around carries large containers and isnt interested in ordering enuf for a routine shipment to prevent a sizable premium for shipping.

/ Single oil for multiple tractors #10  
I bet the Amsoil or synthetic Deere oil would both be excellent for your use. I use Mobil 1 TDT 5w40 or when Shell has a rebate Rotella T6 5w40. Both are relatively affordable and always available. I would think a CJ-4 oil in 5w40 will work well for both old and new in your location.