Dodged a bullet

/ Dodged a bullet #21  
My bad. It was indeed a turbocharged piston engine. I can't remember what aircraft, as this was 25 years ago. He went on to own a Meridian turbo prop, which was a jet fuel turbine.

Meridian is a pretty nice personal airplane. Don't get much better.

Chris

/ Dodged a bullet #23  
I got E85 from Get-Go that was not supposed to be there. Had my tank flushed out and refilled.

/ Dodged a bullet #24  
Same here until they fill the station's "diesel" tank with "gasoline".I buy my fuel at the pump and pay the road tax so no dye in the fuel.I burn maybe 100 gallons a year and not worth the hassle to have a bulk tank at home.
This station is at the entrance to a quarry and a lot of dump trucks fill up here;it could get real expensive for the station's owner before it's over.

You don't have to get off road diesel delivered. Just need to find a station that has a pump for it. Not uncommon in farm country.

/ Dodged a bullet #25  
Diesel in a gas engine is not the end of the world. Hard to start, smokes, or may not even run. Generally no significant damage.

Gas in a Diesel engine can get wicked pricey pretty darn fast. Diesel engines and fuel pumps rely on the lubricity of the fuel. They really don't like running a solvent! You can toast your entire engine and fuel delivery system pretty quickly.

Cheers to dodging the bullet!

Sean

/ Dodged a bullet #26  
For the last couple of years, I've been using dyed fuel (heating) oil from a dedicated pump at my local station to run my Kioti DK45. If they managed to put gasoline in the supply tank instead, replacing a few ruined engines would be the least of their problems!

/ Dodged a bullet #27  
Diesel in a gas engine is not the end of the world. Hard to start, smokes, or may not even run. Generally no significant damage.

Gas in a Diesel engine can get wicked pricey pretty darn fast. Diesel engines and fuel pumps rely on the lubricity of the fuel. They really don't like running a solvent! You can toast your entire engine and fuel delivery system pretty quickly.

Cheers to dodging the bullet!

Sean

imagine an engine that uses a HPOP and oil fired injectors!