Using JP4 as fuel?

/ Using JP4 as fuel? #1  

t75143

Tractor
long 320
I've talked to a lot of people over the years about using JP4 in my diesel engines. I understand that the lubricity is less, etc. I also understand that it costs more than diesel - but in my case it's essentially free. What are the thoughts about using TWC3, ATF or MMO to make up for the lubricity deficit? Anyone with long term experience? Ratios? Thanks to all for a great site.

/ Using JP4 as fuel? #2  
Heck no don't use JP4 in a diesel.
It burns too hot.

We had to adjust the fuel controls on turbine engines when to switch between JP 5 (Navy and Marine Corps fuel which is more similar to diesel fuel) to JP 4 or it's modern JP 8. Basically turned them way down. Even then pilots said "seat of the pants" was very noticeable between the two the JP 4 being more performance.

Keep this in mind a turbine engine is a lot more forgiving and will basically burn anything versus the injection pump on a diesel engine.

/ Using JP4 as fuel? #3  
MIL-DTL-5624

50/50 k1 and gas

/ Using JP4 as fuel? #4  
Hmm Where the heck are you getting JP-4. The air force and army quit using it 1996. It is probably the most dangerous of all fuels. They both currently use JP-8. JP-8 is almost kerosene with some special additives. The army currently runs all turbines and diesels on JP-8 during combat to keep the number of different fuels down.