I actually like my new gasoline can.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #1  

Wolfy

Veteran Member
Tractor
a fleet of them
So a while ago, the spout for my chainsaw gasoline can broke. I have been delaying replacing it, mostly out of fear of the new EPA versions. However, I went to cut firewood this weekend and spilled gas all over my 660 and finally decided to retire the old can, which was about 10 years old. I needed a few things at Home Depot, and picked up a can. I have always had trouble neating fueling up chainsaws, but this new can worked great, no mess. You simply turn a collar and push the spout. Anyone else agree?

/ I actually like my new gasoline can.
I have not seen that design before. Looks good though.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #4  
   / I actually like my new gasoline can. #5  
I too have held out buying the new cans. My mom has one that has a little hook on the spout that when you push down it opens. It works ok but is painfully slow to do 3 or 4 gallons at a time. It also takes quite a bit of pressure to push down so as the tank empties you literally have to push down on it, which would be difficult on something like a trimmer or chainsaw.

The one Murphy linked to seems like it might be ok, but you need 2 hands it seems. Would be alright for a small 1 or 2 gallon can.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can.
The label on my can said to push down with the can, I found it easier to hold the can with one arm and pull the spout back with my free hand. It is a 2-1/2 gallon can though, Im not sure how a 5 gallon can would do.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #7  
If the ones you have that require you to push down are like mine, just cut off the round plastic valve in the spout on the thread end, and then it works great. The cap on the end of the spout keeps out dirt and spiders.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #8  
I just hate new government required this and that and forever have been a complainer about it. All areas.

However, by necessity I have two of these new style cans and mine are a little slower on the fill but I haven't spilled a drop of fuel yet.

This is a first for me and I have to admit, I like um.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #9  
I just bought two new diesel cans with those twist and push ends and I hate them. I bought a funnel and just use the rube goldberg spastic nozzle for a storage cap and unscrew it off and toss it aside it when I want to pour fuel out now into my funnel.