Recommendation on transfer pump

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #1  

puckgrinder85

Platinum Member
Tractor
'13 Yanmar Lx4100
Are the GPI brand pumps any good? Looking at a factory reman one online for quite a bit cheaper than a new one. Plan on mounting this to an old fuel oil tank.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #2  
I have a manual diaphragm pump with the lever the pumps on both strokes (i.e., not rotary crank). No complaints about how it works and the metal components seem high quality. But I did notice it lightly dripping diesel from around the pump shaft (that lever connects to). I only use the pump about once a month, and it's less than a year old. Need to see if I can tighten up a seal.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #3  
I bought one of the GPI refurbed jobs & I am very happy with it.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump
Thought about the diaphragm pump too but I think i'll get sick of that pretty quickly.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #5  
Thought about the diaphragm pump too but I think i'll get sick of that pretty quickly.

If you want a manual pump, that's the best option -- it moves a lot of fuel per stroke, way more than a rotary. But a powered pump is a lot easier than both if you have the means to connect it up to something for power.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #6  
I bought the 12 vdc one. Tractor is always right there when I need to refuel it. Pop the hood, connect the squeeze clamp connectors & it's ready to pump. No need to worry about wiring codes etc.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump
Well I bought a reman a/c one off ebay, we'll see how it works. Main purpose will be to refill our wrecker so it will stay pretty stationary. I'll wire a longer cord to give me some wiggle room.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #8  
I just bought a Roughneck 12 volt transfer pump from from Northern Tool. Cheap pump made in China on sale for $120 and the 2 year replacenent plan for $25. I think I will need the replacement plan. Has anyone had any experance with these.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #9  
I got my pump yesterday only to read in the manual that it is not weather proof. I did buy it to fuel my tractor in the barn out of the weather so I guess it wil do the job for me. However I did want to put a storage tank in the back of my truck so I could make it more portable. I guess I coulsd cover the pump with a plastic bag and rap it with a bungy cord to keep in place.

/ Recommendation on transfer pump #10  
Let us know how it works, I have been thinking about getting a similar pump.