Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
I use Power Service and Stay-Bil in the on road fuel for the truck and same in the off-road for the tractor. I have had several people tell me to add transmission fluid or 2-cycle marine oil for older engines that don't get enough lubrication from low-sulphur fuels.:confused3:

What do all you guys use as additives in diesel?? :confused:

Just a little straw poll and not a debate over which is best!! :thumbsup:

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #2  
Howes

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #4  
power service.

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #5  
I've been using Howes also seems to do a good job, and isn't half bad as a penetrating fluid either
Bill

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #6  
   / Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #7  
standayne lubricity formula year round.

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #8  
Power Service ... Silver in the van regularly, in the tractor occasionally, during the non-winter months.

When winter rolls around the fuel in the tractor gets treated with Power Service White (because it sits and ya don't know when it will be needed), but the van only gets it when the temps are predicted to go below 15F or so ...

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #9  
Stanadyne Performance and Lubricity is what I use.

Power Service is popular, in part because it is widely Distributed. Howes and Opti-Lube XPD are two other well liked products.

A good 2 stroke oil is better than nothing (lube wise), and since it is designed for combustion chamber use is a logical choice. Most ATF contains friction modifiers - for that reason alone I won't put it in a fuel system (<<< Edit - not trying to debate, rather just avoiding damage).

Rgds, D.

/ Favorite Diesel Fuel Additives #10  
After the problems I had last year with my hoe I have been using a biocide by power service in my diesels.