Changing Hydraulic Fluid on my 4035HST

/ Changing Hydraulic Fluid on my 4035HST #1  

lantxinNETX

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST, Bradco 485 Backhoe
Next weekend I am planning on doing the 50 hour service on my Mahindra 4035HST. I plan on buying my new hydraulic fluid in 5 gallon buckets, but I am left with how to get the new fluid into the tractor. Since I don't expect to be doing this more than once a year, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a solution. I was thinking of a hand pump to transfer from the 5 gal bucket direct to the tractor, but they seem to be rated at about 3 ounces a stroke. Ten gallons will take some time - and some elbow grease!

Thanks!

Martin

/ Changing Hydraulic Fluid on my 4035HST #2  
Next weekend I am planning on doing the 50 hour service on my Mahindra 4035HST. I plan on buying my new hydraulic fluid in 5 gallon buckets, but I am left with how to get the new fluid into the tractor. Since I don't expect to be doing this more than once a year, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a solution. I was thinking of a hand pump to transfer from the 5 gal bucket direct to the tractor, but they seem to be rated at about 3 ounces a stroke. Ten gallons will take some time - and some elbow grease!

Thanks!
r.
Martin

I've always simply put a funnel in the fill hole and pour it in from the 5 gallon bucket but my fill hole is right at your feet when on the tractor. If this is too cumbersome depending on where your fill hole is, get a smaller container such as the bottle 20 lbs of kitty litter comes in and pour it in with that after the transfer. My dealer seems not to have the Mahindra fluid in 2 and a half gal. container. A bit more expensive to get it this way but a lot easier to manipulate.