Fuel stabilizer

/ Fuel stabilizer #1  

Hagalaz14w

Tractor
Kubota L3200
I recently got a fuel stabilizer to use in the gas I store for my ATV. On the label it says"for all gasoline engines". I also keep a 5 gallon can of diesel for my Kubota. But diesel isn't gasloline What to use as a stabilizer for diesel?
:newhere:

/ Fuel stabilizer #2  
"Stabil" had a stabilizer specifically for diesel fuel. It has a green label instead of the red one for gas.

/ Fuel stabilizer #4  
Diesel has other issues that additives address ... like lubricity, cetane boost, anti-gel, algae, water handling etc.

PowerService and Stanadyne are example products that cover the above and more.

/ Fuel stabilizer #5  
IF you keep it out of the sun the diesel should keep for about a year as long as the container is closed up tight. If you are in Southern California then you don't have the worry of sub zero temperatures and anit-gel is not needed.

/ Fuel stabilizer #7  
I have several diesel machines that see very sporadic use. Sometimes they go a year between being ran. Never did anything special to the fuel and never had any problems.

/ Fuel stabilizer #8  
Stabil has a specific product for gasoline and another for diesel. The one for diesel has been hard to find in my area lately so I have gone to Amazon to purchase. I have Amazon Prime so the outrageous shipping for a quart is nill for me. All these additives can get expensive if you use the tractor a lot but considering the cost of tractor repair these days maybe not so expensive after all. Some feel these additives are just snake oil and others feel they are a good insurance policy against poor fuel quality.

/ Fuel stabilizer #9  
PRI products (PRI-G for gas, PRI-D for diesel) beat the whiz out of Stabil products. I used to use Stabil, but found after a year, gas 'varnished' even in a seal container. I've stored both gas and diesel for 4-5 years at a time with PRI, and never had an issue.