Oil Change time

/ Oil Change time
It isn't a matter of cost to do, actually the first oil change is free at the dealer. I was just wondering what other folks are doing for low mileage vehicles.
I guess soon as the snow clears out, may as well take it in for a change. I generally do my own oil changes on all my vehicles. The only one I really hate doing is the wife's 2003 OLDS Bravada. The oil filter is up about a foot or a bit more inside a hole in the frame and the only way to get it off is to have the oil drip down your arm as you unscrew it even if you are using the socket type of filter wrench.

/ Oil Change time #32  
It isn't a matter of cost to do, actually the first oil change is free at the dealer. I generally do my own oil changes on all my vehicles.

I am like you. I do not like anyone touching my drain plug, especially after someone stripped mine out once. Found that happened 6 months after the fact, too late to do anything about it. What I have worked out with dealers in past, they give me 1 free oil filter, and we write off the free oil change. Philip.

/ Oil Change time #33  
What about engines with factory fill Syn oil??? The engineers must accept the break in or else they would not factory fill with syn and use dino and say at 5000 or whatever we recomend mobil 1 or penzoil full syn

Break in means that parts, which do not fit together very well weare a little bit till they fit good. And with syntetic oil there is not much wear so this would not work. But the enginges you are talking about are high quality engines. They do not need much of break in, their parts fit together right from the factory.
Alex

/ Oil Change time #34  
Break in means that parts, which do not fit together very well weare a little bit till they fit good. And with syntetic oil there is not much wear so this would not work. But the enginges you are talking about are high quality engines. They do not need much of break in, their parts fit together right from the factory.
Alex

I understand what engine break in and period means. Some of these vehicles are things like chevy trail blazers ( i think they made a SS that was syn oil filled...i had a budy with one, really dont know what it was other than a GM suv)and similar from GM. I would not call them hig quality.

/ Oil Change time #36  
I get really nervous if I don't change my mower engine oil at least annually.

Pushing beyond a once per year oil change in anything seems like a way to do more harm than good.

/ Oil Change time #37  
some have mowers that they run till the decks wear out and never change the oil ever. I am talking everything from cheap push mowers to riders.

/ Oil Change time #38  
Just wondering, what do car and tractor collectors do in regard to oil changes. People that are lucky enough to have several vehicles that rarely if ever get driven.

/ Oil Change time #39  
Just wondering, what do car and tractor collectors do in regard to oil changes. People that are lucky enough to have several vehicles that rarely if ever get driven.

I'm a car collector. I put less than 1500 miles a season on the car (Had 2 but down to 1 now). I change the oil and filter every 2 years. Type of oil I use varies depending on the car / engine but most have ZDDP (zinc / phosphorus) additive.

/ Oil Change time #40  
i have 6 vehicles and i change oil every year or two on them if there the ones not driven. thats only 2 of them. all the others see enough miles a year to get at least one oil change a year.