Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil?

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #1  

Rosch42

Tractor
Landtrac 390HST
I, like everyone on here is always looking for a better price on good quality hydraulic fluid. I came across this ISO 46 hydraulic fluid from Sinopec for $350 a 55 gallon drum. The price alone is throwing up some red flags, so I want to know if anyone has ever used anything from Sinopec and what their opinion of it is. And yes I know it's made in China, so it probably has lead paint in it.

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #2  
Its your tractor, but I wouldnt do it.

You'd be lucky if all it had was lead in it.

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #3  
Actually, you can get 5 gallon jugs of Super S hydraulic oil at Rural King for $21.99 per gallon. That's cheaper per gallon. Guys around here use lots of it in everything from heavy equipment to log splitters with no issues.

Chris

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil?
Actually, you can get 5 gallon jugs of Super S hydraulic oil at Rural King for $21.99 per gallon. That's cheaper per gallon. Guys around here use lots of it in everything from heavy equipment to log splitters with no issues.

Chris

It's amazing the price differences from region to region. It's ON SALE at my local TSC for close to $30 for 5 gallon bucket.

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #5  
It's amazing the price differences from region to region. It's ON SALE at my local TSC for close to $30 for 5 gallon bucket.

That's a better deal still than the 55 gallon drum.

Chris

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #6  
I, like everyone on here is always looking for a better price on good quality hydraulic fluid. I came across this ISO 46 hydraulic fluid from Sinopec for $350 a 55 gallon drum. The price alone is throwing up some red flags, so I want to know if anyone has ever used anything from Sinopec and what their opinion of it is. And yes I know it's made in China, so it probably has lead paint in it.

I would not trust their oil at all. I have one of their tractors which is fine, but has had a few problems that were readily fixed. You can't do that once you have the oil in your machines.
I would stick to the main brands and even check out what Napa charges for their own brands for 55 drums. Even Walmart oil will probably be better than Sinopec stuff IMHO

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #7  
Noticed a discussion on Sinopec oil, I would like to help with questions or concerns. Our company supplies Sinopec lubricants and I help in the technical department.

Any big stores carry sinopec hydraulic oil in drums?
Sears.com

What is Sinopec oil?
Sinopec is the 2nd largest oil refiner in the world and the 4th largest lubricant company globally, ranked 3rd on the Global Fortune 500 companies for 2014.

Sinopec partners with some of the biggest

Shell, Sinopec and Total partner to build industry?s first shared Lube Park in Singapore - Shell Global

BP and Sinopec set up joint venture marine bunkering business | Press | BP Global

Sinopec to Join Chevron Gas Project - WSJ

ExxonMobil and Sinopec to develop gasoline technology

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203550304577138493192325500

http://www.hydrocarbonprocessing.co...ed-technologies-for-methanol-to-gasoline.html

Sinopec in the US

Colorado: CNOOC gained a one-third stake in 800,000 acres in northeast Colorado and southwest Wyoming in a $1.27 billion pact with Chesapeake Energy Corporation.
Louisiana: Sinopec has a one-third interest in 265,000 acres in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale after a broader $2.5 billion deal with Devon Energy.
Michigan: Sinopec gained a one-third interest in 350,000 acres in a larger $2.5 billion deal with Devon Energy.
Ohio: Sinopec acquired a one-third interest in 235,000 Utica Shale acres in a larger $2.5 billion deal.
Oklahoma: Sinopec has a one-third interest in 215,000 acres in a broader $2.5 billion Energy deal.
Texas: CNOOC acquired a one-third interest in Chesapeake Energy’s 600,000 acres in the Eagle Ford Shale in a $2.16-billion deal. Leased first oil rights in Texas bought a multi-million dollar stake in 600,000 acres of South Texas oil and gas fields.
Wyoming: CNOOC has a one-third stake in northeast Colorado and southeast Wyoming after a $1.27 billion pact with Chesapeake Energy. Sinopec gained a one-third interest in Devon Energy’s 320,000 acres as part of a larger $2.5 billion deal.

Sinopec Lubricants in Houston , Long Beach , Los Angeles , New York , New Orleans
http://english.sinolube.com/highlights/20120926/22438.shtml

Product Data Sheets and MSDS can be found at http://reddrums.com

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #8  
Why competitive oil prices at a time where crude oil is at an all time low? So bulk of the global oil production comes from large oilfields that are run and owned by the largest oil companies.

Sinopec Lubricants, founded in 2002, now one of the largest top grade lubricant manufacturers in the world. In 2014, production reached 521 million gallons from its 12 manufacturing super plants. The high level of Sinopec Lubricant Oil quality is based on rigorous selection of base oils and additives and continuous monitoring for all products.

Throughout the manufacturing process, each batch is subjected to numerous tests and controls designed to verify the highest quality of products. After stringent quality tests, finished products undergo a final meticulous examination by expert engineers to issue an authenticated certificate of analysis to verify performance results.

Sinopec Lubricants are ISO 9001, ISO/TSI6949, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18000 and AS 9100 certified, and blends to API/ACEA/DIN/HSE/JASO quality specifications.

The big guys..
Big Oil: Which Are The Top 10 Biggest Oil Companies? | OilPrice.com

Attachments

• BigOil.png
    BigOil.png
    824.8 KB · Views: 547
   / Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #9  
I have never heard of Sinopec oil but having read that it is Chinese owned is more than enough reason for me not to use their product regardless of the claimed quality.

/ Anyone use Sinopec hydraulic oil? #10  
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AW-68-Hydraulic-Oil-Fluid-ISO-VG-68-SAE-20-55-Gallon-Drum/54045734
Sinopec Anti-wear Hydraulic Oil ISO VG 68 is a premium heavy weight paraffinic based hydraulic oil, ideal for industrial applications or for the hydraulic systems in warm weather regions. It is a rust and oxidation (R&O)-inhibited oil with the added benefit of an anti-wear additive package for protection. Approved for industrial applications requiring an ISO VG 68.