BEST grease for backhoe

/ BEST grease for backhoe #1  

LANGFORD

Tractor
110 John Deere TLB
Have a 110 John Deere tlb backhoe what is the best grease to use for all the pivot points. The manual says to use a all purpose NLGI grade NO#2 or a high temp EP grease. But I can buy a $5.00 to $12'00 tube saying the same thing. I thought of using Lucas X-TRA heavy duty grease
Any thoughts live in Ont Canada

/ BEST grease for backhoe #2  
You definitely want EP or EP2 rated grease. It is made to take the pressures of such things. I generally get the heavy duty black stuff from tractor supply for my hoe and loader.

/ BEST grease for backhoe #3  
I buy Mobil CMS from the jobber.

/ BEST grease for backhoe #4  
I use what I have around. Grease more often, and don't buy the expensive stuff... [ grease pushing the sand/grit out ] A lot of pro's use Texas Refinery red grease called #880 Crown and Chassis Lubricant. I have used that, too.... but only when they give it to me... :)

/ BEST grease for backhoe #7  
I use what I have around. Grease more often, and don't buy the expensive stuff... [ grease pushing the sand/grit out ] A lot of pro's use Texas Refinery red grease called #880 Crown and Chassis Lubricant. I have used that, too.... but only when they give it to me... :)

Agree, to grease correctly you need to pump out all the old grease, so that is going to be a lot of grease. On your hoe or any equipment for that matter, key to greasing is getting it positioned so there is no load on the pin and you can get grease all the way around. When I grease my hoe correctly i'll go through at least 2 tube of grease. Cost effective EP grease high temp I'm spending about $3.00

/ BEST grease for backhoe #8  
go to CTC and pick up a tube of any MOLY based grease ( about 5 - 6 .00 a tube CDN ) used for CV joints ...

/ BEST grease for backhoe #9  
Agree with jaotguy. Best is lube with 5% moly, but 3% is more common and will do the job. Moly is the black sticky stuff and just like the excess that you squeeze out of the joints when you grease that is magnetically attracted to your clothes and won't wash out, it sticks in the joints you lube.

/ BEST grease for backhoe #10  
I am on the moly wagon also. I use Schaeffer 238 or 274 grease for all my needs. Schaeffer also uses a aluminized base as opposed to a lithium base. It has great pound out and water resistance and tackiness.