Propane Prices

/ Propane Prices #2  
Some interesting info there...I just ordered a fill from the lowest priced gas co. I could find, 0.699 per gallon cash price plus tax if you own your own tank, 200 gal minimum. For a lease tank it would be 0.749 plus tax. I don't keep records, but the prices so far this summer are as low as I can remember in a long time.

/ Propane Prices #3  
Anyone have an updated price from where you're at? Looking to put about 300-400 gal into my 1000 gal tank soon.

/ Propane Prices #4  
Filled 1000gal. tank a month ago, 99 cents/gal. Lowest I have ever paid. NW Indiana.

/ Propane Prices #5  
Amerigas called me yesterday and offered a .99/gal price. I have a small 120 gallon tank and they filled it in April. Things must be slow if they're calling little customers like me.

SimS

/ Propane Prices #6  
WOW!!! And they just called me with a sale price of 2.49. I think I will call around, we have 3 suppliers in this area. And I have my own 1200 gal tank and at 45%

/ Propane Prices #7  
Yeah, this is why I asked. Seems like prices are all over the place right now. Some lower than $1/gal, some above $2/gal.

My Generac has been running 24 hours now after a storm early yesterday morning. It would be nice if the tank is empty enough for at least 400-500gal, as that usually gets a better discount.

/ Propane Prices #8  
I'm in Nevada, near Lake Tahoe, and prices here are seldom as low as some other areas of the country.

Just paid $1.24 for about 600 gallons to top my 1000 underground.

A house down the street, that does not own their own tank and so can't shop around, paid $2.54 per gallon.

/ Propane Prices #9  
Nice! I just got quoted $2.20 for 150+gal. I asked about a price for 500gal and they said they could do $2.

I will be calling a few other suppliers, that's for sure.

/ Propane Prices #10  
Nice! I just got quoted $2.20 for 150+gal. I asked about a price for 500gal and they said they could do $2.

I will be calling a few other suppliers, that's for sure.

You might try the smaller dealers, regionals rather than the big guys. I find they are less greedy. I also offer to pay 'em cash or check on delivery - their choice.

I never share prices from one dealer to another or ask them to meet or beat someone else's price. Just ask them for their best price. I often contact a couple of other friends who have their own tanks and put a "package deal" together.