Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

Default Old Gasoline Best Way To Dispose Of??

I have about 2-3 gallons of old gasoline , some with oil in it from the weed wacker. Do you think putting some in the tank for the car will cause problems? I am thinking a quart or so every tank full? I do not want to dump it on the ground and burning it will take for ever, not to mention the safety hazard. Any other suggestions???

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

Default Re: Old Gasoline Best Way To Dispose Of??

I wouldn't use it in the car. It could cost you a fortune in repairs if it messes up the injectors. I would just put it in an open pan and allow it to evaporate. Just make sure that it isn't anywhere it will be spilled. You could also donate it to some one that has an old lawn mower. They will burn just about anything. If your town has a recycling center, they will usually take it if it is in plastic containers. Have a brush pile?? We can start that thread all over again.... LOL.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe just give it to your neibour.

Egon

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have a brush pile?? We can start that thread all over again.... LOL..
    )</font>

oh yeh! that would open up another can of worms. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

I recently got rid of a gallon of old gas by pouring it slowly on my forewood pile. I have about two face cords of old dry wood that I use for bon fires (outdoors only). I poured the gas on slowly and most of it just soaked into the wood. By next summer, most of the gas will be evaporated and I should'nt have a problem.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

<font color="blue"> I recently got rid of a gallon of old gas by pouring it slowly on my firewood pile. I have about two face cords of old dry wood that I use for bon fires (outdoors only). I poured the gas on slowly and most of it just soaked into the wood. By next summer, most of the gas will be evaporated and I should'nt have a problem.

What do you guys think of this idea?
    </font>

Jerry if that idea catches on I can see the classified ads in the local newspaper now High Octane Firewood, more bang for your buck. Hey it could happen.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TN70S

I use old gas for mosquito abatement. I fill a bunch of 5-gallon buckets with water, place them all around the property, and when they get full of mosquito larvae, I put a little gas on the water. It kills the larvae by suffocating them, and the oily residue the gas leaves behind will trap the new mosquitos that land on the water to lay eggs. It works amazingly well - when I first moved onto this land, you couldn't even go outside during the summer without getting eaten alive. Now, it's rare to get bit even once.

Tractor
    Jinma 354

yea I'm with Junkman on the brush pile idea. but please dont light it for a few days, fumes follow the source.BANG! or ya could call nappa or your local autozone for disposal sites or ideas. someone local will probebly take it so ya dont blow up or burn up. dumping on the ground is a bad idea ya poison the area for alot of years.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Anyplace that takes used oil will take it.. if it has some oil mixed in it.. say from an oil change [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Used oil is generally gasoline contaminated anyway.. yours will just be more so.

It's going to be recycled and refined down anyway...

Soundguy

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    bx1800

Soundguy...I a little gas in the bottom of a bucket will kill millions of lovebugs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast