10W AW Hydraulic Fluid

/ 10W AW Hydraulic Fluid #1  

QueBota

Gold Member
Tractor
B2910
Troy Bilt 27 ton log splitter, label on tank calls for 10W AW Hydraulic fluid or Dexron III. I have tons of Dexron III and UDT, unit is about 10oz or so low, would like to add make up fluid using what was installed originally. Fluid is clean and clear, smells like hydraulic fluid. Anybody have any recommendations? Advance Auto Parts Zone was useless as was my local Kubota dealer. Haven't checked TSC yet.

Should change filter after this round of splitting, Troy Bilt wants $30.00 + tax + shipping for said filter, only spec on splitter is 10 micron. Seems a bit excessive, MTD/Troy Bilt part number 723-0405, anyone have a WIX, NAPA, Donaldson or Baldwin cross reference.

Thanks,
Q

Last edited:
   / 10W AW Hydraulic Fluid #2  
Troy built 27 ton log splitter, label on tank calls for 10W AW Hydraulic fluid or Dexron III. I have tons of Dexron III and UDT, unit is about 10oz or so low, would like to add make up fluid using what was installed originally. Fluid is clean and clear, smells like hydraulic fluid. Anybody have any recommendations? Advance Auto Parts Zone was useless as was my local Kubota dealer. Haven't checked TSC yet.

Should change filter after this round of splitting, Troy Bilt wants $30.00 + tax + shipping for said filter, only spec on splitter is 10 micron. Seems a bit excessive, MTD/Troy Bilt part number 723-0405, anyone have a WIX, NAPA, Donaldson or Baldwin cross reference.

Thanks,
Q

Filter should be a 3/4 inch standard 10 micron hydro filter. $10 at TSC, ect. In hydro section.

10W hydro fluid is AW32
20W is AW 46
30W is AW 68

Chris

/ 10W AW Hydraulic Fluid
Thanks, ashamed to admit it, hydro maintenance on this splitter has been neglected. Oil changes have been done more often than required. Going to add a small fuel filter. Can't beat the Honda GCV 160, sips gas, first or second pull start every time, carb is never fussy. Very nice small engine. Has split just about everything thrown at it, a little slow but gets the job done.

Have had good luck with WIX/Napa and Baldwin. Will look for those if TSC doesn't work out. Heading over to pick up some hydro fluid and perhaps a filter.

Q

/ 10W AW Hydraulic Fluid
Went to my local TSC, no luck on the hydro fluid, all they had were 5 gallon pails of AW/ISO 46. One choice of Fram hydro filter with no micron rating on the box or the filter. No one there with a clue. Headed to Home Depot, was able to purchase a gallon of store brand AW/ISO 32 hydraulic fluid, no luck with the filter. Fluid will be enough to continue splitting tomorrow, will have to find a filter online.

Thanks,
Q

/ 10W AW Hydraulic Fluid
Turns out it was closer to 20oz low, it was at the bottom of the add line, now just slightly over full. No leaks, not sure where it went, first makeup fluid since assembly several years ago.

Approx. $15. Pic FYI,
HD_HydFluid.jpg

Thanks,
Q