Diesel fuel and cold weather

/ Diesel fuel and cold weather
Hi check.

Thanks for contributing.

Well in Canada you get real winter!
So that's encouraging what you do there for your BX25.
I think the timer is an excellent idea,
I did use one in the UK for a LandRover again with a timer that came on an hour or so before set off to work.

D - whiterose.

/ Diesel fuel and cold weather #22  
I use a timer as well, it only needs an hour or two depending on how cold it is. No sense running the electric meter all the time. I also us Power Service white.

DEWFPO

I use a timer as well, it only needs an hour or two depending on how cold it is. No sense running the electric meter all the time. I also us Power Service white.

DEWFPO

OK. Thanks for your reply DEWFPO.

Makes good sense. High in the Rockies- be mighty cold up there.

Timer is the way to do it and I like the idea that generally an hour is enough.

Dennis- whiterose.

/ Diesel fuel and cold weather #24  
I don't use a timer but have a remote control (like your remote starter ) that I click on as I make my coffee.
By the time I have had the bacon and eggs + a coffee or 2 my tractor is ready to go. (read 1 hour and a bit).
Then with a good battery and a few moments of glow plugs she putt putts and fires up. Off I go in my heated cab listening to my favorite radio station in my heated cab.
Life is good! (at 77 even better)

NB: a timer is also good but that is every day. The remote is only when you need it (read snow storm)n

Should also add That I always use power service white as more times than I would like to remember I had to either walk home or 'put put' limp back home. I no longer believe that the fuel providers actually add anti gelling winter additives on time. That or the gas station has in late Nov still has summer fuel.
For a measly few $$ every filling includes some power service additive.

/ Diesel fuel and cold weather #25  
I don't use a timer but have a remote control (like your remote starter ) that I click on as I make my coffee. By the time I have had the bacon and eggs + a coffee or 2 my tractor is ready to go. (read 1 hour and a bit). Then with a good battery and a few moments of glow plugs she putt putts and fires up. Off I go in my heated cab listening to my favorite radio station in my heated cab. Life is good! (at 77 even better) NB: a timer is also good but that is every day. The remote is only when you need it (read snow storm)n Should also add That I always use power service white as more times than I would like to remember I had to either walk home or 'put put' limp back home. I no longer believe that the fuel providers actually add anti gelling winter additives on time. That or the gas station has in late Nov still has summer fuel. For a measly few $$ every filling includes some power service additive.

I have the remote also. Cost about $15. Works slick.

Chris

I don't use a timer but have a remote control (like your remote starter ) that I click on as I make my coffee.
By the time I have had the bacon and eggs + a coffee or 2 my tractor is ready to go. (read 1 hour and a bit).
Then with a good battery and a few moments of glow plugs she putt putts and fires up. Off I go in my heated cab listening to my favorite radio station in my heated cab.
Life is good! (at 77 even better)

NB: a timer is also good but that is every day. The remote is only when you need it (read snow storm)n

Should also add That I always use power service white as more times than I would like to remember I had to either walk home or 'put put' limp back home. I no longer believe that the fuel providers actually add anti gelling winter additives on time. That or the gas station has in late Nov still has summer fuel.
For a measly few $$ every filling includes some power service additive.

Hope I am replying in the right place!

Hi Piloon and thanks your comments.

You old timer you!

A full two years older than me! Well great on the remote! You too Chris. What's this, heated cab, radio and hot coffee. No a lot of hardship there

Still I just need to go into the garage and turn on the heater an hour before I want to use it.

Just got a heater today that fits into the bottom hose and some Power Service white. That and in the garage should sort it out for winter. Many thanks to all advice given.

Dennis- whiterose.