Amsoil Website

/ Amsoil Website #1  

JimBinMI

Veteran Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota BX25D-1, New Holland TZ18DA
Hey all,

I've been reading about Amsoil (pronounced ams oil) it seems since I started reading this and other boards over two years ago! I've had success with synthetics that I used in vehicles but always seemed to go back to dino oil.

Well, I decided I'd do a search and look up the Amsoil website. (http://www.amsoil.com/) At the website you can find all kinds of info, and a free catalog, that supports Mark C's claims. Really informative was the radio interview that the "On the Road" radio program did with the founder. They even talk of a time in the near future when all vehicles will come from the factory with synthetic oil and some will be a "never need to change" because of advances in filtering along with synthetic. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Bird, if you're reading this PLEASE BREATHE NOW! Just thought you might want to check it out for further info.

Special note to Mark C., how come they don't have a picture of a tractor with all the other vehicles? Preferably a New Holland just in case you e-mail them to add a picture! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I ordered a catalog and am strongly considering switching to Amsoil. I know that Mark recommends waiting until 150 hours, PaulB switched at 100 hours, but what does Amsoil recommend? Any ideas? I didn't find it at the website.

JimBinMI

/ Amsoil Website #2  
JimBinMi, I read everything on their web site a long time ago, keeping in mind that it's there to sell their product. Until I reviewed their web site, I thought it was pronounced "am soil" and I didn't figure I needed anything more to soil my engine./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Amsoil Website #3  
JimBinMI - I don't have a picture of a Blue tractor, but I'll be happy to send them one of an Orange one.

Amsoil doesn't say how many hours to wait, just that it should be "broken in" first. You pick how long you think that'll take. I'd rather wait a little long than do it too soon.

Mark

/ Amsoil Website #4  
You can change the transmission over at any time you like. I changed mine over at the 50-hour service. I've always used Amsoil ATH. I've never worried about the oil in the lines at all. It's not much. If you want to minimize it as much as possible, without going to too much trouble, just make sure all the cylinders are retracted before you drain it. There's no problem with mixing that little bit of petroleum with the synthetic.