heating oil for fuel

/ heating oil for fuel #11  
<font color="blue"> That is fixin to change.
</font>

Yahooo !! No more big chunks of sulphur when I clean my boiler !!!

/ heating oil for fuel #12  
Agway Petroleum would only fill 'certified' containers with 'off road diesel'. The high speed pump pressurizes the tank during filling and the tank must be "UL Certified" for this. They also had a minimum, which I think was 100 gallons, but I'm not sure on that since it was months ago that I called them.

- Patrick

/ heating oil for fuel #13  
I just called a delivery service about this myself. They will sell me two 55 gal. drums, used, for $5/ea. and deliver at least 100 gallons. The price that day (they change daily) was $1.62/gal delivered including the required state sales tax. That is still cheaper than the price I paid today at the pump down the street. Still, I could save more I think by picking it up somewhere myself. The lack of road use taxes, I believe, in this state should save me about $.24/gal. John

/ heating oil for fuel #14  
   / heating oil for fuel #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It should save you more than that. Here is a link showing how much Federal tax is on fuel:)</font> The price quoted was $1.51/gal plus 7% state sales tax = $1.62 delivered. I think it's the "delivered" that keeps it that high. If I could find a place to pick it up, I should save more. Thanks for the info. John

/ heating oil for fuel #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's #2 Diesel . You can also buy what is known as Red Fuel ,which is a#2 Diesel with red dye added . It is strickly for off road use . No Road Tax is charged or added on to the price per gallon . Getting caught running it in your Highway Equipment brings a stiff fine from the state !
Big Al )</font>

It also comes in #1 variety. #2 is for furnaces that use pumps. #1 is for gravity fed heaters. Less likely to freeze up in the winter.

Steve

/ heating oil for fuel #17  
I think you should be able to do better than that. I paid $127.9 for 100g #2 heating oil delivered just today. The prices do vary by region but your price is pretty close to what we are paying at the pump for diesel (with close to 50 cents worth of tax) right now.

/ heating oil for fuel #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I paid $127.9 for 100g #2 heating oil delivered just today.)</font> wow, I'd love to get it for that price, but someone's going to have to tell the retailers here about the lower prices. I suppose it's because more home heating oil is sold in your area than here so they charge more here to make up for less volume. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif thanks for the post. John

/ heating oil for fuel #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I suppose it's because more home heating oil is sold in your area)</font>

Good point. I hadn't even thought about that. That would go a long way in explaining the price difference. Heck, I would be willing to pay $5 a gallon for diesel if it meant not having to heat my house in winter /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

/ heating oil for fuel #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Heck, I would be willing to pay $5 a gallon for diesel if it meant not having to heat my house in winter . )</font> Well, we do have to heat in this area, but most are using either propane or electricity. Fewer and fewer oil heaters are being seen here in N.E. Florida. BTW, I posted on another thread, I bought 110 gals of red dyed for $1.25/gal this past week by going over and picking it up myself in two 55 gal drums they sold me for $40. I saved $0.50/gal over the pump price and $0.25/gal over delivered to me. John