What oil for summer and winter in Sundstrand U15 hydrostatic tranny?

/ What oil for summer and winter in Sundstrand U15 hydrostatic tranny? #11  
still think T6 is worth a try. otherwise, something in the Mobil 1 line such as 0-30 syn is a possibility, but for a 20 yr old hst not sure it would feel right for me in hot weather use.....but you will get varying opinions on that. the mower must sit outside in the cold? who knows, there may be some kind of after market heater for hst w/o breaking down the oil?

/ What oil for summer and winter in Sundstrand U15 hydrostatic tranny? #12  
I had an old Wheel Horse Hydro that used 10w-30 motor oil in the trans, thing worked great winter and summer.

/ What oil for summer and winter in Sundstrand U15 hydrostatic tranny?
The hydro tranny works fine in the winter for powering the axles with the 10W30 oil, but the hydro also acts as the hydraulic pump for the lift cylinders and the power steering. The lift cylinders can barely lift the snow blower when it is 15 degrees F outside and the unit has just been started.

The unit sits outside in an unheated detached garage in Minnesota. I suppose I could get a 250 watt heater for the tranny, but I hate to spend $20 to $25 a month just to heat the tranny on my mower.

/ What oil for summer and winter in Sundstrand U15 hydrostatic tranny? #14  
rotella T6 plus this unit strategically placed on those real cold ones 12 hrs before start. elec cost i would think is less than 2x oil changes/filter annually. no point in keeping it plugged in all the time. otherwise may try 0-30 mobil 1syn but i don't recommend in my uneducated opinion. best regards
Kat's Engine Heaters Magnetic Heater, 200W - For Life Out Here