Industrial Grease Gun Fitting

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting #1  

mitchdb

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4710
Not sure if this this the right section to post this but...........

I have an old John Deere 2010 Industrial (Yellow) Bulldozer. It's got "what the dealership referred to" as industrial grease fittings. This is a high volume fitting for packing grease into the track tentioner. My grease gun only has the zerk fitting connection and the dealer didn't know where to get this "industrial" fitting connection.

Does anyone know where I get something like this or even what it's called. I've done many searches on Yahoo with no luck. Not sure if it's a hard to find piece or if I just don't know what it's called!

Thanks in advance!

-Mitch

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting #2  
Without having a description of what it looks like I'd say it is a button head fitting. You can buy those and the couplers at most industrial supply houses or companies that supply lube items.
Here are pics of the fittings and couplers.
Button head fittings

Button head couplers

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting #3  
If it's the button head fitting its made for high pressure. It will also require a special grease gun. Manual or air are available.

Egon

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting #4  
Try calling a service/repair shop in your area. I'm sure they can help you.

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting
Button Head, that's it!!!!!!!

Now I know what to look/ask for, thanks a lot!!!!!

-Mitch

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting #6  
You don't really need a special grease gun to adjust tracks. I run a service truck for a construction company and we have a couple rotary drills on tracks that have the same setup. If you don't want to switch back and forth, just put a zerk fitting on the input side of the button grease gun end.

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting #7  
We just use standard grease zerks to adjust tracks on our dozers here too!

/ Industrial Grease Gun Fitting
I bought the button fittings for the dozer. They were about a $1 each. I also bought the button fitting connector for the grease gun, that was $38! Yes, $38.00!!!!!!! A little much but now I've got it!

Thanks!!!!!